Chief Engineer (2nd class)

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
blackhatch
Deck Plate Wanderer

Chief Engineer (2nd class)

Post by blackhatch »

Employment Opportunity: Chief Engineer (2nd Class)

Nunatsiavut Marine Inc. operates the Passenger Vessel MV Northern Ranger, and has an immediate opening for the position of Chief Engineer. The company offers a competitive salary, a crew relief system, and the excitement of working in a fast paced customer service environment. Join our team, and come experience the adventure and beauty of the rugged Coast of Labrador.

Responsibilities:

The Chief Engineer is responsible for the safe operation of the Engine Room, all ships machinery, and is directly responsible for the supervision and mentoring of engine room crew members. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of reports, completion of entries into the Vessel Maintenance Management System, and ensuring an adequate amount of spares and supplies for the operation of the vessel. The Chief Engineer reports to the Vessel Captain and receives functional support from the Technical Manager. Other duties will consist of assisting in the preparation of work lists for refit, and liaising with Contractors who are carrying out work onboard the Vessel.

Qualifications:

 Minimum 2nd Class Motor Certificate issued by Transport Canada.
 Valid Marine Medical.
 MED Training.
 Passenger Safety Management Course would be an asset, but training can be arranged.

Please forward your resume to: [email protected]

Or mail to:

Nunatsiavut Marine Inc.
PO Box 159
Lewisporte, NL A0G 3A0
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Chief Engineer (2nd class)

Post by JollyJack »

Pass. vessel, Canadian ports only, 200 miles from shore, Propulsion Power 2122 BRAKE HORSEPOWER, Near Coastal 1 voyage, 2nd Engineer, STCW III/2 MPR 219 (1)

219. (1) A passenger-carrying vessel that is engaged on a voyage referred to in column 1 of the table to this subsection and that has a propulsive power within a range set out in column 2 shall have on board, and its authorized representative shall employ, for each certificate referred to in column 3 that corresponds to that voyage and range, one person who holds, at a minimum, that certificate in the category appropriate to the vessel’s propulsion type.

TABLE

ENGINEER CERTIFICATES — PASSENGER-CARRYING VESSELS

Item Column 1 Column 2 Certificates
Propulsive Power (kW)
1. Near coastal voyage,
Class 1, if operating only
between Canadian ports (a) 75 to 4000 (a) Second-class
(b) more than 4000 (b) First-class and Second-class
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
bhajanriar
First Time Poster

Post by bhajanriar »

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a Canadian First Class Motor & Steam Certificate holder marine engineer.Retired but still active.Kindly let me know if I could be considered to join your team and be of help to you.
I am citizen of Canada but presently residing in California USA.I am availble for duty right away.
Contact information:
email:[email protected]
Mobile:5593899350
Home tel:5598423041
Thanks and Best Regards,
Bhajan Singh Riar
diya1982
Leak Patrol

Post by diya1982 »

To whom it may concern:

SUB:Chief Engineer with 1st. Class COC for Marine Engineers (unlimited ) from Transport Canada.

Please find my attached resume to this online application in referenced to the advertised position.

Kindly contact me if you need further information.

With kind regards.

Nihar Sircar
Attachments
N.K.Sircar_Resume_Current.docx
Chief Engineer on & with vessel
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 215 times