Oil jobs for NF people only

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Oil jobs for NF people only

Post by The Dieselduck »

Marine Personnel
Offshore Recruiting Services Inc. - St. John's, NL

Offshore Recruiting Services Inc. (ORSI) an Equal Opportunity Employer is currently seeking qualified Marine Personnel for projects offshore Newfoundland and Nova Scotia for the coming 2016 season. Below are just a few of the positions we are looking to fill.
A/B’s
Officer’s (Chief, First, Second, Third)
Motormen
Engineers (Second, Third)
Chief Cooks
Chief Steward
Stewards ( Galley & Accommodation)

REQUIREMENTS: Certificate of Competency (e.g. Bridgewatch, ERR, Cook’s papers, Food handler’s certificate, etc.)
STCW Certifications
Ship Security with Designated Security Duties
First Aid
WHMIS
Valid Passport
Seaman’s Logbook
Must be willing to undergo industry required medical & drug assessments

Local candidates only:
St. John's, NL

Required experience:
Marine Experience: 3 years

Offshore Recruiting Services Inc.
Refrus
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: Oil jobs for NF people only

Post by Refrus »

You know it gets pretty bad when one province works against the other, this ad say's NL people only in other words rest of the provinces stay the hell out of our province. BUT they can come to all other provinces and work and we don't say a thing about it happy to help in any way. This kind of ad should not be allowed by dieselduck it should be removed. I work with several people from NL in Nova Scotia and they are good friends. Diesel Duck I do not know about you the is discrimination and you should not allow this ad.
Regards
Mike Croft
from Nova Scotia
I'm currently unemployed but looking for new ventures. I'm looking for a job which is stable in beneifits So if anyone one is looking for & engineer I would like to know.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Yes, I have been toying the idea of that, cause it causes me frustration as well. Especially since those crewing agent rarely let people know that upfront and certainly never reply (common courtesy), that you don't have a chance in hell, and applying if basically a waste of your time. Worst yet, it seems that if unable to fill the job with locals, it immediately goes to foreigners, instead of the rest of Canadians - I don't have data to back this up, but that what it seems to me.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

As part of the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. This goes for all offshore oil related jobs in NL.

From my supply experience the crew was ALL from NL. Of the 5 or so ships I was on, there was 1 Chief not from NL, he was from Quebec somewhere (I believe.) So I don't see any foreigners, but I haven't been on rigs and my exp was only with 1 company.
Other than that, it's true they
I understand your frustrations, makes sense if you stopped posting these them.
Newfie
First Time Poster
Currently located: Canada

Post by Newfie »

Why stop postinh these job ads many newfoundlanders such as myself use this wonderful site. As for newfies working offshore newfoundland sure they shoul get first kick at it the same goes for nova scotia and the steena ice max and the supply vessels operating there. If there are not qualified locals then go to other provinces. This is the normal everywhere. Thanks for wonderful site martin excellent resources for studying and for seeking work
mrobert1962
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Victoria British Columbia

Post by mrobert1962 »

I too think that post that discriminate from any resident from any other province should not be allowed on this site, Thanks Martin