Technical Sales & Support Specialist – NS
Contact Yves LeClerk 902 292 0292
Each and every staff member in Jastram Group has a responsibility to work constructively and cooperatively with every other member of staff to ensure that Jastram customers are served in accordance with Jastram’s mission, values, plans, policies and procedures.
The Technical Sales and Support Specialist is responsible for generating revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders and ensuring orders are fulfilled through established processes. They serve as the customer relations and support person for our business and is holistically responsible for the day to day sales and client relations for the territory.
The position reports directly to the company Sales Manager and works closely with customers, suppliers, other Sales and Support personnel and shipping/receiving personnel.
• Justify Profit and /or Loss within their area of responsibility and ensure robustness of the business.
• Manage and continuously improve the business processes within their area of responsibility to provide the highest possible effectiveness and cost efficiency. This includes identifying opportunities for improvement and planning and leading the delivery of improvements in business process.
• Assist the sales team in the timely execution of the sales strategy including:
o Monitoring open orders to ensure that sales orders are promptly and correctly entered and that the portfolio of open sales orders is well maintained and kept on a current basis.
o Monitoring the process of appropriate target margins so that quotes are appropriately priced at appropriate margins.
o Monitoring the monthly Sales Profitability Report for his/her area to ensure that margins are maintained on an order by order basis, and that discrepancies are followed up to a logical conclusion.
• Develop and maintain relationships with principals from whom Jastram Technologies distributes so that the issues are identified and resolved to the mutual benefit of both parties.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and key project initiatives so that general business development objectives are met.
• Concentrate on major customers with respect to customer service. This includes working with Jastram Engineering staff to help upgrade or eliminate problem areas of "Jastram" operations.
• Maintain and improve sales volumes and customer relationships in assigned area.
• Develop annual sales forecast for assigned area.
• Develop new customers and markets.
• Review and improve quotations to assist/backup Inside Sales as necessary.
• Review technical problems/questions with potential and existing customers. This includes product selection and interpretation of specifications.
• Participate in annual technical training as directed by the Sales Manager.
• Check the progress of delivery, and if necessary, take countermeasures with related departments to maintain on-time delivery schedule.
• Attend bidder meetings when necessary on large/small projects in order to understand the statement of work first hand.
• Participate in Marketing events and conferences as directed by the Sales Manager
All Jastram team members are expected to live out the company values of being respectful, responsible, and innovative.
Must be legally able to work in Canada and travel freely throughout Canada and the USA.
Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license as travel will be required for the position.
Experience in similar area or technical oriented sales position, along with marine knowledge and project management experience required.
Knowledge of Canadian Coast Guard and Canadian Navy processes would be an asset.
Bilingualism would be an asset.