CE needed by Suncor for shoreside in Toronto

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

CE needed by Suncor for shoreside in Toronto

Post by The Dieselduck »

Coordinator, Marine

Date: Jan 5, 2017

JOB NUMBER: 10403

Job Overview

Reporting to the logistics director, you will be the technical expert for all marine activities for our lubricants refinery. This includes providing expertise on marine technical and commercial matters, ensuring safe, reliable and efficient operations of shipments of feedstock and finished base oils. Suncor has reached an agreement with HollyFrontier for the sale and purchase of the Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI) business. As this position resides within PCLI, at the close of the transaction this position and your application will be transferred to HollyFrontier.

Key Accountabilities

Coordinate safe and economical marine transportation for both domestic and international trades
Liaise with marine terminals, refineries, regional supply offices, ship owners, agents, surveyors and expeditors on all matters related to marine movements
Administer affreightment contracts and time charters
Input cost and cargo data relevant to movements into the marine system
Create and maintain individual voyage files for each movement and verify relevant invoices for movements
Ensure proper inspection services are available for each voyage
Prepare and negotiate demurrage claims for terminals and ships
Inspect and provide approval of offshore vessels
Stay informed on all operational matters with ship operators, ship captains and service suppliers
Prepare a weekly schedule for all movements within your scope

Required Qualifications

Experience and Education:

10 or more years of experience in marine and shipping business activities, with an emphasis on chartering, operations and post fixture
Eight or more years of sailing experience or training in shipping
Ship inspection report (SIRE), chemical distribution institution (CDI) and offshore vessel inspection database (OVID) vetting experience is preferred
Master Mariner and Chief Engineer with experience on offshore vessel operation is preferred
University or post-graduate degree

Skills and Knowledge:

Knowledge of post-fixture and contract of affreightment (COA) work, such as nomination, demurrage, and invoicing
Thorough knowledge of standard oil company charter parties, clauses and terminology
Excellent computer skills, particularly with database management and Microsoft Office suite
Strong safety focus and forward-thinking approach
Ability to work independently and make decisions involving significant potential losses without supervision
Excellent communication and negotiation skills with sound report writing capability

Why Suncor
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:

Competitive base salary and compensation programs
Attractive annual incentive program
Flexible benefits package
Rewarding pension and savings plans

Business Overview
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.

And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.

As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.

Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.

Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.

https://jobs.suncor.com/job/Mississauga ... ign=Indeed
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: CE needed by Suncor for shoreside in Toronto

Post by JollyJack »

Nah, couldn't afford to live there
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
pac22ken
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: Miami Fl.

Post by pac22ken »

I used to like TO when lived there for a while late 80's. After a visit back there last summer dont think I'd want to
live there again even with a free penthouse pad. Arrived there late June thinkin Canada Day July 01. Well its totally eclipsed
by Pride Weekend.... all sorts of coloured flags everywhere hardly a Canadian flag to be seen...whas goin on ! Went to
the TD ATM... big rainbow flag popped up on the screen.... went inside all the tellers down the line rainbow flags. Walked
down to Yonge Dundas Square... looked up at a skyscraper...a rainbow flag flying no Canadian flag... this is ridiculoso...
its Canada Day ! I finally did find a Vietnamese restaurant with a big Canadian flag in the window Forgive me for going off topic here ...just my observations. Is a little ''Rant n Rave'' ok. Toronto is a a great city....I guess its old age.
Years back a vibrant city of 5 Mil appealed to me ... now downsize to 5,000 . Bigger not always better... as I found
working for shipping companies. Was with a company a few years back... a small company... they paid Overtime,
10 Statuory Holidays on or offf, and a $750 Christmas bonus. Then bought out by a massive company(wont mention the
name except they recently had an incident in BellaBella). Anyway what happened was is no more overtime(no matter
you work 20 hours a day). Stats reduced from 10 to 4 and only paid if ''on''. An the bonus from $750 to a $25 hope Depot
card.(SIUYA). An then the big book ...excerpt .... ''any crewmember leaving their cabin at any time must wear company
approved steel toe shoes''. That was OK for a while.... blind eye... not enforced... then one night after a long day came
down for a cuppa tea in Mess in my dancing shoes ....New Captain ...''I'll write you up next time''. Time to retire. (EOTS)
Footnote.... Grossmans Tavern for the Blues.... Muy Bueno
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

I had two sets of shoe attire, well three. Clogs to trot to the ER door and change into the boots on the ship it was forbidden to walk in the alleyways in boots, and for the other ships-slippers. After a long trip, shoes were hard to get into LOL

Toronto...don't like it, don't even like going for meetings. Montreal the same thing. I think, like you it is an age thing.