Norcon Marine Services Ltd - Clarenville, NL
We have an immediate opening for a Vessel Manager, in our Clarenville location. You will be responsible for managing a variety of types of vessels including ferries, cargo vessels, and aquaculture support vessels.
You will manage annual dry-docking and annual maintenance plans along with all emergency repairs.
A thorough understanding of Class and TCMSS regulations is required.
· Oversee day to day vessel operations including maintenance, vessel performance and crew performance;
· Assist with crew selection, and approve crew schedules based on company policies.
· Manage assigned vessels including certification, ISM and PMS systems.
· Provide crew member evaluations with Chief Engineers and Captains.
· Develop vessel dry docking schedule and refit programs.
· Ensure compliance with Quality and Safety Management System on-shore and on-board the vessel.
· Ensure safety and pollution prevention measures are maintained.
· Make regular visits to the vessels while in service to ensure vessels are being maintained (mechanically and aesthetically) in accordance with company policy.
· Shore based experience in a vessel management or similar role.
· Experience onboard as an officer or engineer on vessels between 150 GRT and 1000 GRT.
· Experience with Safety Management Systems, Preventative Maintenance Systems, and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
· Strong computer skills and experience using MS Office.
· Strong leadership and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with safety practices onboard vessels.
Norcon Marine Services is a well established company, and we require an experienced Vessel Manager to support our growing operations.
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=69f493 ... 1qs05ld1ev