CCG on a hiring spree

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

CCG on a hiring spree

Post by The Dieselduck »

I probably don't need to remind users of this website, no need to bombard employer with your resume, if you do not hold the appropriate license, or meet residency requirement. - Martin

Engineering Officer
Reference number: DFO17J-017566-000070
Selection process number: 17-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-195652
Canadian Coast Guard (an Agency of Fisheries and Oceans Canada) - Fleet
Burlington (Ontario), Cobourg (Ontario), Goderich (Ontario), Kingston (Ontario), Parry Sound (Ontario), Prescott (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario), Thunder Bay (Ontario), Windsor (Ontario), Québec (Québec), Rimouski (Québec), Sorel (Québec)
SO-MAO-03
$28.05 to $31.43 per hour
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... er=1024162

Engine Room Assistant (Oiler/Mechanic)
Reference number: DFO16J-016926-000111
Selection process number: 16-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-170067
Burlington (Ontario), Parry Sound (Ontario), Prescott (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario), Thunder Bay (Ontario), Windsor (Ontario)
SC-ERD-03
$24.24 per hour
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... ter=943275

Oiler
St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Dartmouth (Nova Scotia)
SC-ERD-03
$50,592
Closing date: N/A
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... ter=830487

Inventory: Senior Marine Engineering Project Officer, Senior Vessel Maintenance Mgr, Engineering Mgr
Reference number: DFO15J-016314-000075
Selection process number: 15-DFO-NCR-EA-CCG-139248
Canadian Coast Guard (an agency of Fisheries and Oceans Canada) - Integrated Technical Services
Sidney (British Columbia), St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Burlington (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario), Mont-Joli (Québec), Montréal Island (Québec), Québec (Québec)
EG-07
The positions may be staffed on an indeterminate or temporary basis.
$74,321 to $90,424
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... ter=862565

Inventory: Marine Engineering Project Officer and Vessel Maintenance Manager
Reference number: DFO15J-016219-000033
Selection process number: 15-DFO-NCR-EA-CCG-139244
Canadian Coast Guard (an agency of Fisheries and Oceans Canada) - Integrated Technical Services
Sidney (British Columbia), St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Burlington (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario), Mont-Joli (Québec), Montréal Island (Québec), Québec (Québec)
EG-06
The positions may be staffed on an indeterminate or temporary basis.
$67,565 to $82,200
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... ter=855928

ANTICIPATORY - Senior Engineer
Reference number: DFO17J-018300-000033
Selection process number: 17-DFO-NCR-EA-CCG-200008
Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Canadian Coast Guard - Integrated Technical Services
Victoria (British Columbia), St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Dartmouth (Nova Scotia), Ottawa (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario)
EN-ENG-04 - Position under Review
$90,395 to $105,427
Closing date: 7 June 2017 - 23:59, Pacific Time
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... er=1042625

Marine Engineering Instructor
Reference number: DFO17J-016401-000273
Selection process number: 16-DFO-GLF-EA-184223
Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Canadian Coast Guard College
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
SO-INS-01
$75,200 to $98,958
Closing date: N/A
https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... er=1016340

Marine Engineer, Senior - CCG

Career #: 30928
Date Posted: 2017-05-26

About the role:
Our Federal government client has identified a need for a Senior Marine Engineer Support Services to provide expert consulting services to assist with further development of the Vessel Maintenance Management Framework that was developed in response to Vessel Maintenance Management Review (VMMR) and Chapter 4 recommendations of the 2007 Auditor General's report and the change in departmental responsibilities with regard to Marine Inspection and Quality Assurance Services.

The required services may include, but not limited to the following services:
Develop recommendations based on the strategic direction of the Vessel Maintenance Framework in order to meet CCG's needs;
Provide processes and frameworks based on strategic direction in order to achieve CCG business priorities as they relate to the marine engineering industry;
Provide expertise on the establishment of an effective operation and delivery of the CCG vessel maintenance management program;
Provide mentoring and coaching for Marine Engineering personnel;
Provide necessary and sufficient guidance for the safe, effective and efficient execution of technical activities including all engineering, maintenance, contracting and quality assurance activities;
Provide guidance on the management of day-to-day activities of the ITS, ME Group;
Provide Vessel Maintenance Management Framework (VMMF) and outlined in the Vessel Maintenance Management Manual.
Establish the requirements for data gathering in advance of the planning of activities related to the VMMF;
Plan, schedule, guide and monitor plans to address recommendations;
Identify operational issues and opportunities for increased efficiency that may be resolved through the development of new procedures or processes;
Participates in management meetings and conferences as required;
Ensure that project deliverables conform to the client's development standards and provide guidance/instruction to other project team members as necessary to achieve quality assurance objectives.

The qualifications:
The resource must have held/be eligible for/or have as a minimum a First Class Marine Engineering Certificate of Competency. A copy of this certificate must be provided.
The resource must have at least fifteen (15) years extensive experience* in the last 20 years in the design, development and implementation of strategies and initiatives for the cost effective delivery of technical programs and activities, including project management and quality management.
The resource must have at least ten (10) years significant** experience within the last 20 years in managing human, materiel and financial resources.
The resource must have at least ten (10) years extensive experience* within the last 20 years in managing ship building and procurement activities for large contracts of a minimum value of $20M such as those for Capital Projects and Major Crown Projects.
Must hold a valid security clearance to the level of Reliability issued by the CIISD/PSPC.

*Extensive experience is defined as the experience acquired by working in a senior management, senior project management or executive position.
**Significant experience is defined as the experience acquired by working in a Middle Management position.

Type of Assignment:
Full-time, Contract
https://bts.calian.com/en/career_jobs/j ... &JobTitle=
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: CCG on a hiring spree

Post by JK »

That last one looks like they a trolling for a specific person. The guy would have to be 100 years old.
D Winsor
Superintendent
Currently located: Dartmouth

Post by D Winsor »

JK wrote:That last one looks like they a trolling for a specific person. The guy would have to be 100 years old.
You're probably right on both accounts. I can think of a couple of people that could fit the bill but I doubt the bureaucrats would like to see any of them because of the crap they would stir up. I'm also inclined to think that they already have someone and they are just going through the motions to make it official.

Maybe JK you or Jolly Jack should try for the job or better still create an advisory committee of the members of this forum to do the work. That will really shake things up :lol:
Troubleshooting 101 "Don't over think it - K.I.S.S. it"
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

The 20 million part is iffy, it's been a long time since I managed a budget. I have everything else in some way or another.
There would be only a handful of people that would have all of that. It's pretty darn specific.
I think the advisory committee would quit when the reality of the situation struck LOL/
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

Nope, not me, don't like working with chancers, fan dancers, cowboys and comic singers.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Post by Steamboat Al »

REALLY!!!!

I applied to the CCG Western Region way back in 2014, the bullshit started right away, I was lied to, had my CoC questioned as to it's validity (TC were not amused), I was given interviews that I never attended (I made a poor impression during the interview I was told) my security clearance was authorized in June of 2014 yet 3 years later I was never called for any work, my complete file along with copies of ALL of my personal data was lost not once but twice. The CCG has a HUGE problem in their Crewing Department!!!!