Atlantic Marine 24 reviews - Port aux Basques, NL
Port aux Basques
Marine Atlantic is a federal Crown corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team- players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is looking for a Maintenance Manager to work with our Maintenance Department in Port aux Basques, NL. The Maintenance Department provides maintenance service to all departments within the company, with a primary focus on shore maintenance. All aspects of Marine Atlantic's operation rely on the Maintenance Department for assistance, whether it is planned or breakdown maintenance.
Reporting to the Director Facilities Management, the Maintenance Manager oversees the day to day operations of the Maintenance Department and provides leadership and management for the entire team, including coaching, mentoring, developing and performance. This position will ensure that work is properly prioritized and conducted in a safe and cost effective manner and will prepare and monitor the budget and expenditures of the department. The manager is also responsible for ensuring that the department is properly staffed and functions as a cohesive unit.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Promote a safe working environment; ensure regular tool box meetings are conducted and Job Safety Analysis’ are developed. Address unsafe work practices and make sure that information is recorded in the tracking system.
• Ensure incidents are investigated, root cause analysis are conducted, reports related to employee injuries, property damage and vehicle incidents are prepared. Make recommendations on corrective actions, follow-up to ensure corrective actions are implemented and record details in tracking System.
• Active member of the health & safety committee. • Oversee all maintenance plans & programs. • Participate as a team member on various operational and capital projects. • Ensure safety procedures are developed for all assets, facilities and machinery. • Engage other departments on their requirements for shore based maintenance
services and report requirements to the director for prioritisation and approval. • Work with maintenance management systems for both preventative and
predictive maintenance routines. • Participate in annual strategic planning for the department. • Respond to audits. • Establish benchmarks to departmental Key Performance Indicators and generate
action plans where required. • Conduct regular departmental progress meetings with staff highlighting KPI
results, actual expenditures and upcoming initiatives. Identify departmental training requirements.
• Work with the disability management program and promote accommodation for early return to work for occupational and non-occupational cases.
• Manage annual vacation schedules for the maintenance department and ensure proper levels of staff are maintained during peak traffic periods and that relief staffs are kept to a minimum.
• Fill in as acting Director as required. • Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related
duties as required. QUALIFICATIONS
Essential Skills and Experience
• Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in a maintenance management role • Ability to effectively communicate and facilitate department and/or stakeholder
engagements. • Ability to assist with the development of departmental policies and procedures to
ensure effective governance. • General understanding of procurement and contract methodologies. • Experience defining business cases for initiatives. • Working knowledge of standard accounting principles. • Knowledge of budgeting processes input / development. • Proficiency in the use of project management software,
preventative maintenance software as well as MS Office suite of tools.
• Understanding of root cause analysis techniques. • Working knowledge of applicable regulatory codes.
• Working knowledge of project management concepts. • Working knowledge of collective agreements, collective bargaining and grievance
processes. • Working knowledge of mechanical maintenance principals. • General understanding of fleet maintenance. • Working knowledge of fire and life safety preventative maintenance and
regulatory requirements under the Canadian National Fire and Building Codes. • General understanding of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
principles and corresponding ASHRAE and CSA standards as well as the requirements under the Canadian National Building Code.
• Ability to establish benchmarks to key performance indicators and effectively communicate regular status updates and generate corrective actions where required.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer within a Canadian province
• A Degree from a recognized institution in a related field of Engineering, or be a Certified Engineering Technologist from a recognized institution.
• A combination of equivalent education, job-related training and experience in a related position.
If you have the ambition to make a difference and you meet the above requirements, please submit an online application including work references before 19 June 2017 at 4:00pm. All applicants must apply on line:
Apply Now https://secure.talentsorter.com/fit/ini ... peID=28415
For your application to be considered, questions must be completed. Why Marine Atlantic? We are dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
Important Messages: Marine Atlantic Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities, and Visible Minorities. To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department.