TC 2nd Class needed for ex NTCL operations

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

TC 2nd Class needed for ex NTCL operations

Post by The Dieselduck »

Offshore Recruiting Services Inc (ORSI) has been retained by the Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) to crew low freeboard, high horsepower tugs involved in the traditional western Arctic sealift from Hay River up the Mackenzie River and along the western Beaufort coast formerly traded by the now bankrupt Northern Transportation Company Ltd (NTCL)

The vessels are been outfitted in Inuvik ready for traditional sealift plus some of the vessels are been outfitted to commence removal of ConocoPhillipps drilling caissons from Tuk to Alaska for disposal.We have an urgent need for a chief engineer on board one of the vessels scheduled to transport caissons.We are operating under the terms and conditions inherent in the 2017 Canadian Merchant Service Guild (CMSG) with NTCL.

As a result wages and terms and conditions are very good. We have a good benefits plan in place. The vessels are in good condition having traded mostly in fresh water plus operating in winter conditions. In the event you wish to pursue this further, pls contacted the undersigned ASAP by return e-mail or call me at 709-685-6774.

Adrian Coady
President
Offshore Recruiting Services Inc. (ORSI)
30 Queen's Road
St. John's, NL Canada A1C 2A5
Tel: 709-576-8560 ext 234
Cell: 709-685-6774
Fax 709-576-1983
Toll Free - 1-877-245-8560
Email: [email protected]

More about the position...
2017 SCHEDULE A WAGES.pdf
(234.89 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
See attached rate scales for Canadian Merchant Guild 2017 operations in the western arctic.

You will notice hourly rates for fit out and day rates based on either a 158 day contract or a 142 day contract (?).There are 12 stats and 10% vacation pay.There is no fixed leave mainly because the vessel are operating very remotely, However within the collective agreement there is a provision for a mid season break which is taken by some while others stay to finish—mid to late October. At the end of the season there is a 4% payout on gross earnings in lieu of pension which can be dropped into a RRSP or TFSA.

There is a good employee benefits plan in place. We issue full PPE except work boots.

We require as a minimum an unlimited 2Eng certificate.We require one of the engineers immediately and a second one for June 26. Best way to contact me is by return e-mail or call me at 709-685-6774.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
tintean
Deck Plate Wanderer

Re: TC 2nd Class needed for ex NTCL operations

Post by tintean »

These guys have got to be dreaming in technicolor. 102 K, no rotation, 50 year old boats. Might get a 4th class to work for it under the conditions listed.
The Dieselduck
Administrator

Post by The Dieselduck »

Yeah, I was thinking that too. A slight disconnect from reality. Incidentally, i have just published my latest blog post with wages standards for Marine Engineers in Canada. http://www.dieselduck.info/blog/
Martin Leduc
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

The Dieselduck wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that too. A slight disconnect from reality. Incidentally, i have just published my latest blog post with wages standards for Marine Engineers in Canada. http://www.dieselduck.info/blog/
I feel like this should be a separate thread to itself.
I imagine there could be a lots of discussion.
Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Post by Steamboat Al »

Funny thing I contacted Mr. Coady Waaaay back in March after the Guild contacted me, never heard a thing from Mr. Coady for months so I went elsewhere then all of the sudden Mr. Coady contacts me only after he figures it out there is nobody available on a moments notice. Tough luck!!! Also I heard a rumour that they were going to bring the Killabuck out again, this vessel is a pile of junk, when I left it in the arctic 2 years ago it had over 30 deficiencies left over from an original list of over 60.
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

Killabuck didn't look too bad from the outside when I was in Tuk last fall ha, I wasn't inside though.

If you're single, and looking for an adventure and a story to tell, this is the place to get it for sure haha
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

and in your twenties.
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

Haha yeah fair, that's true too.

Crash course in learning and ingenuity though...I improved my skills more than 10 fold in that 3-4 months rather than, say, the previous 2 years aboard a new SUL Laker.
Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Post by Steamboat Al »

[quote="Revolver"]Killabuck didn't look too bad from the outside when I was in Tuk last fall ha, I wasn't inside though.

Hi Revolver

When the Killabuck showed up from NFLD a couple years back I joined her in Nanaimo, I was only on board for 10 minutes before I knew there was something seriously wrong with this wreck. A T/C inspector came down for a visit on my first day to ask if I had any concerns and I asked his just to have a look around and this junkpile and he came back with around 20 or so deficientcies. After that Lloyds got involved and the list grew to over 60. We patched that old junkpile up and were given a one trip to Siberia and then Tuk. She still needs all of the other work done in Tuk before she will even get class certification which given the fact it is Tuk will be very expensive if not impossible. If you really value your life stay away from the Killibuck and her First Mate who is nothing short of the most incompetent boobs I have ever met.

Safe Sailing Al
The Dieselduck
Administrator

Post by The Dieselduck »

ORSI is still seeking a Chief Engineer who holds a minimum Second class ticket for the Henry Christoffersen or Kelly Ovayuak currently in Inuvik, NWT. This project is seasonal and will run until the end of October 2017.

We are prepared to pay a substantial bonus to a 2nd or Ch. Eng who will take this on.

If you wish to pursue this further, pls send me your current resume and all certificates. On receipt, I will send you a draft engagement contract that will fine tune the wage package. I would appreciate hearing from you soonest.

Regards A/C
Martin Leduc
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

Steamboat Al wrote:If you really value your life stay away
Haha, to put it sweetly eh?

I have previous commitments, but good to know if I'm ever feeling masochistic I'll go visit Mr. Killabuck LOL