Req ID 2017-1695
Job Type Regular Full-Time
# of Positions 1
Job Locations CA-NS-Pugwash
Min. Exp. (Yrs) ..
Job Post Information* : Posted Date 7/6/2017
Posting Category Engineering
This position's prime objective is to oversee the maintenance of all electrical equipment Underground, Rock Salt Mill and Marine Terminal through direction and training of unionized employees. The incumbent also coordinates activities and works with the local utilities ie: Power and Phone.
The ELECTRICAL ENGINEER is one of six (6) positions reporting directly to the Engineering Superintendent. The other positions are the mine engineers (2), the lab technicians (2) and the project engineer (1).
1. Abide by all applicable legislation and regulations.
2. Abide by all posted signs, employee safety rules, and applicable job procedures.
3. Maintain a 4160 volt distribution system to surface hoisting equipment and underground sub-stations.
4. Maintain a 600 volt distribution system to Underground equipment as well as Surface and Underground crushing and conveying equipment.
5. Maintain P.L.C. Logic Controllers in the underground and surface operations.
6. Maintain power supply and instrumentation.
7. Maintain an Underground communication system consisting of hard wired antenna, amplifiers & transmitters for a VHF radio system, as well as conventional phones.
8. Maintain a control/monitoring system for primary and secondary ventilation.
Problems involved with this position are maintaining the listed equipment in a corrosive environment and scheduling repairs during down times and overseeing maintenance and inspections of fire protection systems.
In order to carry out the duties of this position, the incumbent is in contact with supervision from all plant departments, Purchasing and Stores, manufacturers’ representatives and government inspectors.
The incumbent also functions as Plant Fire Chief and relief Maintenance Foreman.
1. To ensure the continual operation of all electrical equipment throughout the Plant and Mine.
2. To ensure continued efficient operation of electrical equipment by keeping abreast of improvements or changes in technology and equipment.
3. To maintain a good working relationship with employees through a proper and just administration of the Collective Agreement.
4. The upkeep and maintenance of the property's fire suppression system both underground and on surface.
https://canadacareers-mortonsalt.icims. ... ffset=-420