Second Engineer Officer
Job Reference : 000126
Location : Irish Sea
Closing Date : 30/03/2018
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Tech
Division : Fleet
Hours Per week : 168.5 - nominal 12 hour duties (2 weeks on/off)
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have:
- Substantial experience as an Engineer Officer of Class 1 Passenger or Class 2 Freight/Passenger vessels sufficient to have a good understanding of all technical aspects of operating a Class 2 RoRo Passenger and Freight Ferry.
- A Certificate of Competency as STCW III/2 Chief Engineer, Unlimited.
- A current ENG 1 Medical Certificate.
- Completed training to comply with relevant sections of STCW Reg.V/2
- A suitable knowledge of the relevant security requirements of the ISPS Code
- The ability to lead Officers and Ratings of the Technical department
- Good communication & interpersonal skills. The Jobholder must be able to liaise closely with all other departments of the Company, ashore and afloat.
- The ability to co-ordinate maintenance issues with all departments on board.
- Appropriate administrative skills.
- The ability to prepare AS&DD / Refit / Repair Yard work lists.
- A sound understanding of Risk Assessment procedures and Planned Maintenance requirements
It would also be desirable if you have:
- Substantial experience as a Senior Engineer Officer of Class 1 or Class 2 Freight/Passenger vessels
- Appropriate shore-based Fleet Department operational experience
- The ability to demonstrate a full understanding of the Company’s SMS structure and its relationship to the ISM Code.
- A good knowledge of the Company’s H&S and Environmental Policy, and how that policy should be implemented
- Familiarity with the 2EO’s responsibilities and duties, and with best operational practice as set out in Fleet Regulations.
- A good knowledge of on-board training requirements, and the ability to identify training need.
- Knowledge of the Company’s Visions and Values, and its Leadership Policy, and a willingness to promote same.
- The ability and willingness to assist in the execution of audits /assessments as required by the Head of Fleet Operations.
- Computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Marine Software – Risk Assessment, Planned Maintenance, Storekeeper).
- The ability to draft technical reports
- Kept abreast of technical developments in the shipping industry, eg by membership of a professional body
If this sounds like a role for you, please apply online before the closing date...
https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/poferries/di ... ?jobid=126