Engineers for CCG

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Engineers for CCG

Post by The Dieselduck »

Engineering Officer, Marine Engineer, Mechanic, Senior Engineer, Chief Engineer
Reference number: DFO17J-019312-000019
Selection process number: 17-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-215857
Canadian Coast Guard (an Agency of Fisheries and Oceans Canada) - Fleet
Burlington (Ontario), Parry Sound (Ontario), Prescott (Ontario), Sarnia (Ontario), Thunder Bay (Ontario), Îles-de-la-Madeleine (Québec), Québec (Québec), Rimouski (Québec)
SO-MAO-03, SO-MAO-04, SO-MAO-05, SO-MAO-06, SO-MAO-07, SO-MAO-08
$28.05 to $40.26 per hour (Salary under review)

For further information on the organization, please visit Canadian Coast Guard (an Agency of Fisheries and Oceans Canada)

For further information on the Canadian Coast Guard, please visit Canadian Coast Guard - Home

Closing date: N/A
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.

Apply online
Important messages

When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.

HOW TO APPLY
1. Create an account
• Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service ... -jobs.html
• Click "Create Account" and follow the steps to create an account

2. Search for a job
• Log in to your account and then search for jobs. By logging in, you will see all the jobs to which you have access
• Use the “Refine search” column on the left to narrow your job search

3. Apply for a job
• On the job advertisement, select the “Apply online” link
• Work your way through the list of “Requirements”, completing each section and saving as you go

4. Submit your application
• When you have completed all requirements, select the “Submit application” link
• You must submit your application before the closing date and time indicated on the job advertisement

Rates of Pay
SO MAO 03- $28.05 to $31.43 per hour
SO MAO 04-$29.74 to $33.21 per hour
SO MAO 05-$31.67 to $35.33 per hour
SO MAO 06-$33.25 to $36.86 per hour
SO MAO 07-$34.51 to $38.27 per hour
SO MAO 08-$36.31 to $40.26 per hour

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... er=1100211
xheadsailor
Deck Plate Wanderer

Re: Engineers for CCG

Post by xheadsailor »

What rotations do they have? What are the conditions onboard? Do the engineers share cabins?

Thanks.
banasa
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by banasa »

I have applied more than once and never had an answer, i hold a second class motor, maybe they are just making only a pool of candidates for the future?
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

They do that banasa, and hire graduates of the CCG college on a temporary/casual basis. Engineers off the street haven't been painted the appropriate colour, so are generally ignored, in my experience.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Post by Steamboat Al »

If you care to you can read back through some of my replies to your question and my dealings of 3 years with the "4 o'clock" crowd. Just remember one very important thing THEY are in charge and not you, cross them once and you are finished, they will ignore you, make you jump through stupid security processes that take "years" to complete, if ever, lose your documentation repeatedly and last but not least lie to you repeatedly as well as their supervisors who seem completely oblivious to the problems.Sorry if this is bad news but that is exactly part of, but not all of the B.S. I had to put up with.

Cheers Al