Marine Chief Engineer

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
marinehr
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: Montreal, Canada

Marine Chief Engineer

Post by marinehr »

Oceanex Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leader in intermodal transportation. We provide door-to-door transportation service from anywhere in North America to destinations in Newfoundland and Labrador. We are proud to offer our employees a positive work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. When you are a member of the Oceanex team, you enjoy a stable career where your ideas are encouraged and skills valued.

We have an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer position. Reporting to the Fleet Superintendent, the Chief Engineer is responsible for the administration of the Engine Department, for the safe, efficient and economical operation of all machinery throughout the vessel, for the maintenance of equipment and the management of engine room personnel.

Qualifications
 Canadian First-Class Engineer, Motor Ship Certification (STCW 95) mandatory;
 Minimum 5 years experience as Chief Engineer;
 Excellent leadership, supervision and planning skills;
 Excellent oral and written communication skills;
 Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.

Our vessel, the Oceanex Sanderling, completes weekly runs into and out of St. John’s, NL from the port of Halifax, NS and our rotations are 28/28.
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:

[email protected]

Oceanex Inc is committed to a diversified work force and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
diya1982
Leak Patrol

Re: Marine Chief Engineer

Post by diya1982 »

TO:
Crewing & Technical Manager
Oceanex

RE: Application for Chief Engineer / Technical Superintendent

Good Day Sir/Madam,

In reference to your advertised position for Chief Engineer / Technical Superintendent with your reputed organisation, please find resume /CV attached to this email for your kind consideration..

As you can see, I have over 35 years as a Chief Engineer cum Port Engineer & Marine Surveyor, on various vessels, technical and Marine Engineering experience worldwide, focusing on operations and technical / facility management. Specifically, my experience encompasses:

• Vessels; Operation & Maintenance Management
• Operation and Maintenance Management of Assets Health and Safety
• Marine Environmental Impact Assessments
• Ship Repairs, Dry-Docking, Compliance Surveys, QA & PMS Management
• Fit Outs and New Constructions
- Budget Management & Technical Reports

I believe that my experience will be beneficial to your client`s Technical & Engineering Management Department.

Please contact me if you need further information. I can be reached via email at [email protected] or +1 416.807.9338 (Toronto, Canada).

Kindly note that I have all valid Transport Canada Certificates & flexible to relocate

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Nihar K. Sircar
cel +1 416 807 9338