Subsea 7 looking for super human Vessel Superintendent, Aberdeen

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Subsea 7 looking for super human Vessel Superintendent, Aberdeen

Post by The Dieselduck »

Job posted:
12/04/2019
Terms:
N/A
Employer:
Subsea 7
Hours:
37.5 hours per week
Job Title:
Vessel Superintendent
Salary:
N/A

The Vessel Superintendent is accountable for maintaining the asset in safe condition and in compliance with specification and class, ensuring maximized availability, reliability and efficiency of the vessel(s), equipment and crew, while adhering to the approved budgets. The Vessel Superintendent will drive and promote HSEQ behaviour on the vessel.

The role will be part of the Fleet and Equipment group reporting to the Fleet Director. The Vessel Master and Chief Engineer will report to the Vessel Superintendent.

MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES

To enthusiastically pursue, actively demonstrate and foster an exemplary Safety culture and practice on-board the ships, and where requested, to align, sponsor and support all HSEQ activities driven by the Territory.
In close collaboration with Master and Chief Engineer execute IMO, class, flag and ISM responsibilities which lie with Offshore Resources (OR) and ensure the vessel remains within ‘Class’ and Flag state requirements as well as complies with relevant industry standards and guidance, in particular IMCA.
Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance are scheduled in close coordination with the territory Operations Manager for minimum impact on projects, and are performed efficiently and in the most cost effective manner within budget and in accordance with the applicable requirements and the standards set by OR.
To prepare, propose and manage a budget for the OPEX (Crew, M&R, consumables, Logistic, Onshore support etc)
To manage the planning, preparation and execution of major works, such as dry docking and Capex works, ensuring timely definition of scope of work and schedule.
To organise engineering and technical support required for the technical definition of the capacity growth CAPEX as well as costing of their execution
Prepare and present technical, financial and safety reviews on a monthly basis in relation with OPEX activities and on an adhoc basis for Major Maintenance Stops, Dry Dock and CAPEX projects.
Ensure that Ships inventory for spares and consumables is managed effectively, utilising critical spare part assessment and operating within budgetary requirements.
To proactively participate in the improvement of the maintenance procedures, standards and policies.
Manage and report on catering performance, together with the Master,
With the support of Offshore staffing, permanently maintain and adjust an adequate and cost effective marine crew and team of technicians.
Perform the Compass review of the Captain and Chief Engineer, assisting with development aims as required and ensure that relevant assessment of performance of all other crew are conducted and made available on a systematic basis.
Ensure training Matrix is kept up to date to integrate the training requirements relevant to the vessel.

Education and Experience

Naval Architect , Marine Engineer, Chief Engineer Unlimited CoC, with time in rank preferred or other Engineering Degree.
Experience on Pipelay / Heavy Construction vessel preferred
In depth knowledge of ship's capability and operating limits
In depth knowledge of IMO, class & flag and ISM requirements
Knowledge of engineering and operations of offshore construction
Strong leadership, managerial and organisational skills
Good stakeholder management skills
Good communicator, with ability to interface with management and offshore personnel

https://www.motorship.com/latest-jobs/p ... BvemVQbyJ9
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: Subsea 7 looking for super human Vessel Superintendent, Aberdeen

Post by The Dieselduck »

On Splash 247 there was an article about how "the office" in shipping was attracting no new blood to its ranks. Then I ran across this ad for Subsea 7. Funny they ask for this super individual to perform a litany of impossible tasks and then don't mention the salary. Then they go on to insult anyone whose really remotely qualified, that the hrs are 37.5 hrs a week for this job. Now I haven't worked in the offshore, but I can pretty much guarantee this advert is no telling the full story.

What do you think?
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
VIAL Julien
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Saint Pierre et Miquelon

Post by VIAL Julien »

The Dieselduck wrote:On Splash 247 there was an article about how "the office" in shipping was attracting no new blood to its ranks. Then I ran across this ad for Subsea 7. Funny they ask for this super individual to perform a litany of impossible tasks and then don't mention the salary. Then they go on to insult anyone whose really remotely qualified, that the hrs are 37.5 hrs a week for this job. Now I haven't worked in the offshore, but I can pretty much guarantee this advert is no telling the full story.

What do you think?
I fully agree with your analysis.
Aavenger
Mechanic

Post by Aavenger »

I’m callin BS
goldenghost
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Moncton N.B.

Post by goldenghost »

If they ever appoint anyone to this position...I want to meet him. He's either a bullshitter or wearing a cape with a big S on his chest.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

They'll get some young hotshot who'll live on his phone for a couple of years until he burns out.