Manager/Director, Fleet Engineer
Burlington, ON, CA
McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turnkey solutions that support our customers' successes in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
Manager/Director, Fleet Engineering
We have an immediate opening for a full-time permanent position as Manager/Director, Fleet Engineering based out of our Burlington location. Reporting into the Senior Director, Fleeting Engineering and Projects, you will be directly partnered with Vessel Managers regarding technical matters and resource requirements. Proud of our history and passionate about our future, we invite you to discover more about our services, fleet and crew.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee repair and maintenance items which are outside of onboard capabilities of assigned vessels.
• Perform periodic maintenance reviews of equipment and machinery on the vessels, while ensuring compliance with the Quality and Safety Management Systems.
• Aid in the development and supervision of vessel dry docking and major machinery works, while ensuring such projects are completed in a way to minimize the impact to vessel operations.
• Supervise contracts for all yard and non-yard, ship modifications and R&M, including negotiation of any changes to specifications, control of budgets, on-site inspections, and preparation of specifications to be used to solicit bids.
• Represent the organization to customers and stakeholders while fostering a partnership approach to relationships.
• Participate in the selection of engineering crew and sign-off on familiarization evaluation.
• Provide ongoing feedback and formally review engineering crew performance on an annual basis.
• Provide the required data to assist the Vessel Managers with the development of the Repair & Maintenance budget for assigned vessels and assist with purchasing of technical products/machinery.
• Assist in developing, from the compliance aspect, efficiency or workplace enhancement perspectives, capital projects and budgets.
• Provide technical support to Business Development department by driving technical efficiency, procurement improvements and best practice.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Competencies Required:
• Minimum five (5) years` shore-based experience in a managerial role together with a minimum five (5) years’ ship board experience as a senior Engineering Officer.
• Preference to a First Class Certificate of Competency (Motor).
• Knowledge of Transport Canada, IMO and Classification legislations.
• Strong understanding and practical experience with Safety Management Systems and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
• Strong leadership and customer service skills.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills and experience using MS Office and preventative maintenance systems
• Office with frequent travel to vessels
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in a fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. This position requires frequent travel to vessels and/or project sites. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/def ... &source=IN