Third Engineer - Calvert
Ocean Choice International
St. John's, NL
Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
We are currently accepting applications for dynamic, highly skilled and innovative individuals for the Third Engineer positionson our new state-of-the-art groundfish vessel, Calvert.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
· Class 3 Motor Certificate or greater.
· Valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s Medical, Marine Emergency Duties (minimum A1 or DVS) and a valid Passport.
· Valid Marine Basic or Marine Advanced First Aid and CPR.
· Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties Certificate.
· Extensive knowledge of factory freezer trawler operations and fishing equipment.
· Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems considered an asset.
· Experience with preventative maintenance software considered an asset.
· Assist the Chief Engineer and Second Engineer with vessel technical operations, including specific tasks and all other duties delegated by them.
· Capable of identifying failures, developing worklists, and carrying out preventative maintenance schedules.
· Safely and efficiently operate machinery systems and apply safety policies as defined by Ocean Choice’s policies and procedures.
· Understand, operate and trouble-shoot the ships electrical assets.
· Execute any and all scheduled and corrective maintenance on the ships assets.
· Perform metal fabrication and machine work when required, including the use of lathe, welding equipment and other similar equipment.
· Keep records as required by ship standards, including logs, safety documents and other records.
· Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels and ordering critical spares.
· Promote a safe, courteous atmosphere and strive to make improvements in a professional manner.
· Work trip on/trip off rotation, as well as working in port with members of the opposite rotation.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Extended health care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1