NIHAR K. SIRCAR
57 Morgan Avenue, Thornhill , ON, Canada, L3T-1R3nkssircar@gmail.com
∙ (H) 1-905-889-9672 ∙ (M) 1-416-807-9338
Marine Chief Engineer & Marine Surveyor
Accomplished 35+ years of operations & facility management professional who leverages strong technical & interpersonal skill set and teamwork to achieve business objectives. Results driven individual who has finely honed analytical & business skills with an eye to increasing department productivity, goals and company profitability. Recognized for achievements and excellence in the following areas
• Operations & Technical consulting ● Maintenance Management
• H&S Practices & Risk management ● Energy & Sustainability initiatives
• Procurement & Spares ● Outsourcing & Contract Management
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :-
Independent Technical Consultant & Marine Surveyor : 2017 to present
* REFORMAR : mv Coriolis II
Chief Engineer from 16/Oct/2019 to 20/11/2019
Teekay Offshore St. John`s NL
Chief Engineer on Aframax Oil Tankers: Norse Spirit & Beothuk Spirit from 6-June-19 to 8-July-19 & 13-Aug-19 to 27-Aug-19
Algoma Central Corp :
Relief Chief Engineer on mt Algoscotia, Frm Aug.2010 to Sep 2017.
Woodwards Group of Companies – Coastal Shipping Inc. (Canada)
Chief Engineer on Oil Tanker, November 2014 to 2017
Levert Group Inc. (EMGS - USA; Boa Shipping Inc. - Norway)
Extra Chief Engineer, August to November 2014
Stuart Hayes Inc. & Groupe Desgagnes Inc. (Canada)
Marine Engineer Surveyor and Sr. Chief Engineer, February 2008 to August 2014
1. Working on Canadian Flagged Iced Class Oil Tankers in N. Atlantic and Arctic Regions.
2. Completed DNV-GL Annual Survey & ISM Inspection / Audits in April, 2015.
3. Warranty Claims & Returns; on Services provided by Contractors, new construction.
• Electrical Power Plants (Caterpillar 3500B, 4x 1818 KWs).
• Worked on and with Offshore Tugs, Oil Tankers, Cargo Passenger and Vehicle Ferries, Canadian Flagged Iced Class Vessels at North Atlantic Waters & Arctic Regions.
• Performed Cargo Surveys & inspections in compliance with Lloyd, DNV, SGS, & Transport Canada & 3rd Party Cargo Surveyors.
• Onboard Loading & Discharging of Oil Tankers, Bulk Cargo and Cargo in Containers.
• Inspections of damage claims in compliance with Marine Insurance - P&I. on all types of vessels, sizes, power and machinery.
• Performed inspections on power, process and propulsion plants; pressure vessels and boilers, including, fire tube, water tube, packaged, fluidized bed and atmospheric combustion, circulating, stoker fired, pulverized fuel boiler, waste heat and thermal fuel heat fluid heaters.
Various Canadian and International Shipping Companies (names will be provided on request)
Marine Surveyor and Chief Engineer, 2004 to 2008
• Worked with Super Oil Tankers, Passenger and Offshore Vessels.
• Performed surveys, budget controls and financial management.
• Oversaw operation and maintenance of HVAC/CHILLERS and Refrigeration Central Plants; Machinery Propulsion (steam/diesel); power and thermal boilers; and Auxiliary Plants.
Noel Arnold and Associates Risk Management Services (Australia)
Technical Consultant, 2002 to 2004
• Performed OHSE inspections and risk assessments of machinery for clients: Coles Myers Ltd. (owner of 250 Supermarkets); CBRE (managers of commercial property); and ING (managers of cold storage plants and warehouses).Boilers, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical Plants, BMS, CCTV, Security System, Fire and Emergency Controls and Equipment, Loading Docks, Standby Generators and Computer Centres.
• Conducted investigations, safety inspections and statutory compliance audits.
• Implemented preventive maintenance services for all machinery and equipment.
Various International and Offshore Shipping Companies (names will be provided on request)
Chief Engineer, 1997 to 2002
• Worked with VLCC, Passenger Ferries, Large Container, Heavy Lift, Bulk, Anchor Handling and Towing Tugs and Suction and Cutter Dredgers.
Australian Consolidated Industries Ltd now “BTR Nylex Ltd.” Australia)
Power & Hospital Service Plant Engineer, 1986 to 1994
• Processed plant machinery, performed ongoing maintenance and resource management.
• Oversaw operation and maintenance of 300 MW Thermal (10 x Large Water and Fire Tube Boilers) Diesel Power Plant- steam turbo and diesel engines, alternators and other process support machinery.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Post Graduate: Certificate in Environmental Engineering and Management, University of Technology Sydney, 1995
• Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Technical School (affiliated with UK Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology), 1970
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND LICENCES
• First Class Certificate of Competency for Marine Engineers (of unlimited power MOTOR) from Transport-Canada, MCA UK & AMSA Australia. Advance Tanker Safety Level 2
• HVAC / Chillers &Refrigeration, and Service Plant Operation and Maintenance
• Institute of Mechanical and Marine Engineers (UK and Australia)
• Operation and technical managerial skills.
• Pragmatic approach to getting the best performance of technical personnel.
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and build successful teams.
• Achieving targets in a dynamic and complex business environment.
• Comfortable working with personnel in all levels and multi-cultural work force.
REFERENCES WILL BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST