Pacific Legacy No 1 is currently hiring a full-time permanent 2nd Engineer (4th Class Rating or higher) for their commercial fishing vessel.
As 2nd Engineer, you will assist the Chief Engineer in the safe and efficient management of the Engine department. You will manage the daily operations and maintenance of all machinery, conduct preventative maintenance, perform repairs, and lead the engine room crew. As 2nd Engineer, you will report to the Chief Engineer and act as the Chief Engineer when the Chief Engineer is not aboard the vessel.
2nd Engineer (4th Class Rating or higher) Qualifications:
- Transport Canada 4th Class Motor certification (or higher)
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices
- Knowledge of diesel engines and related equipment
- Knowledge of refrigeration, hydraulics, electrical, welding, plumbing, and electronics are an asset
- Ability to work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation (or 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation – depending on preference)
2nd Engineer (4th Class Rating or higher) Skills:
- Ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Developed leadership skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume through Indeed:
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?t=2nd+eng ... 1574744247
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Salary: $15,000.00 to $25,000.00 /month
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1