Assitant Manager - Marine Safety and Compliance
WaterBridge Ferries - Nakusp
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 1 day.
Open position: Assistant Marine Manager – Safety and Compliance
Location: Nakusp, BC
Posting date: June 23, 2020 - Closing Date for Applications: July 14, 2020
At WaterBridge, we believe that people are the core of our business. We are proud to offer our employees a positive work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. When you are a member of the WaterBridge team, you enjoy a stable career where your ideas are encouraged and skills valued. We offer a worksite in one of the prettiest areas in the country to live and work. If you are an avid outdoor person you can ski, sled, bike and hike in some of the best natural areas in British Columbia.
Who we are:
WaterBridge Group is a privately-owned ship building and ferry operations company based in British Columbia, Canada. The team specializes in building vessels in remote sites, under difficult environmental conditions and with limited access to industrial infrastructure.
We are also responsible for the safe ferry passage of people in the communities of Arrow Lakes and Burns Lake, BC. Our ferry crews are Transport Canada trained and certified. We are a dedicated team working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service and quality workmanship. We pride ourselves on the impact we make to the local economies we build and operate in.
Who you are:
You are a seasoned Safety and Compliance professional who prides him/herself on building relationships that inspire a safe and healthy workplace. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment where no two days are the same. You are a strong leader with high influence who is able to manage people in a positive and productive manner, in a unionized environment. Your approachable demeanor makes you a natural leader to others. You are a proven team player and your leadership and planning skills sets you apart. Team spirit, excellent judgment, managerial flair, quick decision making are qualities that describes you well.
Assistant Marine Manager - Safety and Compliance
We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Marine Manager - Safety and Compliance, based out of our Nakusp, BC location to actively lead and drive continuous improvement of our fresh water multi-site passenger ferry operations. As a hands-on versatile leader, you will guide the team to ensure safe and cost-efficient operations of the fleet while meeting or exceeding regulatory standards. Reporting directly to the Marine Manager, you will ensure delivery of superior operating performance and inspire an open innovative learning environment for all crew members.
· Lead a team of Mariners operating a fresh water passenger ferry service ensuring they work with safety as a priority
· Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices
· Train and develop crew in safety drills and marine operations protocol to conform with government regulations
· Ensure the implementation and evaluation of OHS training programs including mandatory programs which satisfy regulations and promotes health and safety in the workplace
· Lead the investigation of incidents, near misses and injuries and develop policies and procedures to mitigate future risk future
· Interface with Federal and Provincial Regulatory agencies
· Coordinate and lead Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee Meetings
· Develop regular, ad hoc and monthly and annual reports including both qualitative and quantitative data
· Develop and implement risk assessments, standard operating procedures, health and safety policies/guidelines
· Maintain and create safe working conditions while ensuring and maintaining high productivity and a cost-efficient operation
· Work with the Technical Mechanical Manager to address unsafe equipment or facilities
· Participate in additional company projects as required
· Attainment of a CRSP designation preferred
· Maritime or other marine based experience with a focus on ISM and SMS standards or other regulatory environment preferred
· Formal training and/or practical experience in training safety related skills
· Marine Officer certification an asset
· Knowledge and understanding of OHS principles, theories, concepts and practices
· Trainer certificate or diploma an asset
· Valid BC Class 5 Drivers licence with a clean driver abstract required
· Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Proficiency exam required.
· Professional written and oral communication skills a must
The successful candidate must be living in or willing to relocate permanently to the Nakusp, BC area. A relocation allowance will be provided.
· Work is mostly performed onboard inland water vessels and in an office environment
· The worksites are subject to weather impacts and may result in a cold, hot or wet working environment
· Work may be required in confined and dirty spaces
· Monday – Friday 07:00 – 16:00 or as required by current work load.This position is part of a continuous operation. The incumbent will need the flexibility to be “on call” and available after hours.
· Adjustment of scheduled start and finish times may be required to ensure periodic presence on all vessels
· This schedule may include weekends and/or holidays, as directed by the Marine Operations Manager. Overtime may be required without notice.
· This position is non-union and completes work in a unionized environment. You will receive a competitive annual salary, full benefits including contributions to the Public Service Pension Plan, of BC and a company vehicle.
Send your resume and cover letter today!
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. WaterBridge Ferries is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $0.00 /year
management: 5 years (Required)
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=b5af16 ... bgu3b43001
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1