Technical Mechanical Manager
WaterBridge Ferries - Nakusp
Join Our Team in Nakusp, BC!
We are now accepting applications for a Technical Mechanical Manager
Who we are:
At WaterBridge, we believe that people are the core of our business. We are proud to offer our employees a positive work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. When you are a member of the WaterBridge team, you enjoy a stable career where your ideas are encouraged, and skills valued. We offer a worksite in one of the prettiest areas in the country to live and work. If you are an avid outdoor person you can ski, sled, bike and hike in some of the best natural areas in British Columbia.
WaterBridge Group is a privately-owned ship building and ferry operator company based in British Columbia, Canada. The team specializes in building vessels in remote sites, under difficult environmental conditions and with limited access to industrial infrastructure.
We are also responsible for the safe ferry passage of people in the communities surrounding the Arrow Lakes and Francois Lake in the interior of BC. Our ferry crews are Transport Canada trained and certified. We are a dedicated team working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service and quality workmanship. We pride ourselves on the impact we make to the local economies in which we build and operate.
Who you are:
You are a seasoned Mechanical Manager or certified Engineer with multiple disciplinary tickets to support your worldly knowledge of all things mechanical. You are a forward thinker who knows the importance of well-planned maintenance on any fleet. You have leadership and training skills that empower others to keep learning on the job. You are equally comfortable on the computer as you are out in the field. With a knack for knowing how to solve most equipment failures; you make recommendations that only require a one-time fix. Your mechanical aptitude and business mindset ensure the company’s assets are well protected.
Technical Mechanical Manager
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Mechanical Manager based out of our Nakusp, BC location. As the senior leader of the department he/she is responsible for the mechanical maintenance and repairs of an inland water marine fleet and other heavy-duty equipment. The Technical Mechanical Manager has primary accountability in coordinating, overseeing and performing ongoing maintenance and repairs on all vessels and other equipment in the fleet. This may include travel to remote sites and delegating work to on-vessel engineers. This position interfaces directly with the operations team to ensure the fleet is operating efficiently, effectively and safely. Reporting to the General Manager, he/she will be considered the technical resource for all employees.
· Performs work with safety as a priority
· Delegates work through Senior Chief Engineers and Operators on proactive vessel maintenance programs
· Plans service and maintenance work on marine engines and other heavy-duty equipment including loaders, cranes trucks and other mechanical based systems
· Acts as a technical resource for internal engineering workers
· Ensures orderly, appropriate repairs and modifications are consistent with good working practice, including proper documentation.
· May direct the work of mechanical, hydraulic, electronic and electrical maintenance, repair and installation contractors
· Responds to regulatory issues identified during inspections of fleet including making recommendations for changes to equipment, polices or procedures
· Responds to equipment emergency situations locally and remotely
· Ensures speedy, cost effective and quality response to breakdowns and analyzes reasons for breakdown so as to eliminate them and avoid repeats
· Ensures company meets or exceeds environmental regulations related to vessel chemical use and waste products
Ensures all Federal, Provincial, and corporate regulations and policies are adhered to and takes immediate corrective action where non-compliance is found
Skills and Abilities
· Possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and have acute safety awareness
· Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot, diagnose malfunctions and resolve equipment breakdowns quickly
· Ability to make sound, effective business decisions during times of pressure or stress
· Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups
· Management skills including directing, motivating and assessing performance of small teams
Red Seal or Technical Mechanical Designation with 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
Strong background in maintenance, preventative maintenance and/or Fleet Management
Class 1 license with air brake endorsement an asset
Previous experience welding or other trades experience as asset
Clean drivers abstract
Knowledge of Marine Regulations and regulatory compliance desirable
Project management experience including bidding and budgeting an asset
· The successful candidate must live in or relocate to Nakusp, BC
Monday – Friday 0:7:00 – 16:00 or as required by current work load.This position is part of a continuous operation. The incumbent will need the flexibility to be “on call” and available after hours. This schedule may include weekends and/or holidays, as directed. Overtime may be required without notice.
This position is non-union and completes work in a unionized environment. You will receive a competitive annual salary, full benefits including contributions to the pension plan and access to a company vehicle.
This posting is open from July 6 - 21, 2020
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. WaterBridge Ferries is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Job Type: Full-time
Extended Health Care
10 Hour Shift
mechanical: 5 years (Preferred)
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d45931 ... pmt2u3k802
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1