We are currently looking for a dynamic Technical Coordinator for our corporate office in St. John’s, NL. Reporting to the Vice-President, Marine Fleet Operations, this position provides vessel technical support, coordinates services and repairs and works closely with Marine Fleet Operations department to ensure effective, safe and economical management of company’s vessels.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Report any environmental noncompliance and/or concern to management or members of the senior management team;
• Update vessel particulars; helps set up annual ship surveys, and creates, organizes, and issues Service Purchase Orders (SPOs) for annual services;
• Provide continuity on guarantee management and follow up; ensure guarantee claim files are kept up to date with all invoices and backups;
• Provide support to Marine Superintendents and Service Providers during major repairs;
• Provide support to MSEQ Manager on area specific HSE audits, inspections, reports, certifications, permits, etc.
• Provide support for dry-dock planning, specification compilation and execution of Service Purchase Orders;
• Assist with vessel’s statutory and certificate folders;
• Ensure drawings and manuals are set up for each vessel and performs ad hoc checks to ensure hard and soft copies remain in the library.
• Assist with compiling statistical data of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), guarantee claims, etc. and assists with department reporting.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Graduation from a recognized post secondary institution in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education;
• Minimum of one year in a similar role in a ship management company or sailing experience in an officer rank. Fresh graduate from Marine Institute will be also considered;
• Strong working knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental Protection and Quality Policy;
• Good knowledge of ISM Code;
• Computer literate.
• Excellent ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good multitasking skills;
• Good written and oral communication skills;
• Strong organizational and priority management skills.
https://oceanex.startdate.ca/#/career/i ... anguage=en
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1