Chief Engineer - Aqviq
Ocean Choice International
St. John's, NL
$78,481 - $95,922 a year - Part-time, Permanent
Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
Ocean Choice is currently accepting applications for the position of Chief Engineer for one of our offshore groundfish vessels. Working closely with the engine room and operations team, the successful candidate must operate, maintain and improve the ships systems and assets.
T*he ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications: *
· Minimum valid Class 3 Motor Ticket.
· Valid Marine Emergency Duties and a Transport Canada Seafarer’s Marine Medical Certificate.
· Factory freezer/trawler experience is an asset.
· Knowledge of Freon (R22) refrigeration systems and hydraulic winch Systems is also an asset.
· Experience with preventative maintenance software, in particular MxSuite.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as other computer and data entry software.
· Confidence in organizing, leading and monitoring engine room staff and contractors to build effective and efficient turn around schedules.
· Valid Code of Conduct.
· Capable of identifying failures, developing worklists, and carrying out preventative maintenance schedules.
· Execute all scheduled and corrective maintenance on the ship’s assets.
· Keep records as required by ship standards including, logs, safety documents and other records as required or assigned.
· Safely and efficiently operate machinery systems and apply safety policies.
· Comprehend, operate and troubleshoot the ship’s electrical assets.
· Perform metal fabrication and machine work when required.
· Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and ordering critical spares.
· Promote a safe, courteous atmosphere and strive to make improvements in a professional manner.
· Work trip on/trip off rotation, as well as working in port with members of the opposite rotation.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Reference ID: 2021FEBAQVIQ
Application deadline: 2021-02-19
Expected start date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $78,481.00-$95,922.00 per year
Ocean Choice has a comprehensive COVID Mitigation Plan in place at all our facilities
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
https://ca.indeed.com/job/chief-enginee ... 5c1a973c14
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1