3rd Class Engineer - Marine
Do you want to join one of the most innovative marine services company’s in the world; that is creating opportunities for strong mariners to grow, develop and thrive? Are you a capable, calm and competent third-class marine engineer with experience working with clients onboard?
Leeway Marine is a leading innovative marine services company that prides itself on effective and efficient client service. We do not just deliver a vessel; we integrate and add value to our clients mission profile and planning creating a partnership.
We are looking for a third-class engineer for the 2021 season.
· Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the vessel machinery and equipment including maintaining Engine Room Watchkeeping duties;
· Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel;
· Monitor bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory;
· Support the clients aboard the vessel to meet their needs;
· Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements for a Canadian flagged vessel;
· Review and sign off the Engine Room Logbook while ensuring that all required information is entered accurately and kept up-to-date;
· Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies;
· Comprehensive knowledge of the pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection; and
· Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Third-Class Motor Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada;
· Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications;
· Transport Canada Marine Medical
· Strong sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery
· Strong communication, problem solving and proven skills with a team
· Diesel-Electric Experience
Expected start date: 2021-04-05
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
https://ca.indeed.com/job/3rd-class-eng ... cd4db50fd5
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1