NL Marine Services
$30,498 - $91,513 a year - Full-time, Permanent
NL Marine Services Inc. is a Newfoundland and Labrador owned and operated support and service company dedicated to the continued growth of the province’s aquaculture industry. With its operations based in the Placentia Bay area, NL Marine Services Inc. operates various service boats providing a wide range of services, from net handling and installation to harvesting and treatment support to cage cleaning, for the aquaculture industry.
NL Marine Services., is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the team in the role of 2nd Engineers for its offshore support vessels.
· Capable of identifying failures, developing worklists, and carrying out preventative maintenance schedules.
· Ability to safely and efficiently operate machinery systems and apply safety policies as defined by company policies and procedures.
· Strong understanding of engineering drawing and electrical schematics.
· Understand, operate and trouble-shoot the ships electrical assets.
· Execute any and all scheduled and corrective maintenance on the ships assets.
· Keep records as required by ship standards, including logs, safety documents and other records.
· Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels and ordering critical spares.
· Promote a safety and courteous atmosphere while striving to make improvements in a professional manner.
· Work flexible hours and perform other duties as assigned.
· Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (completed within the last 5-years).
· Valid Transport Canada Seafarers Medical.
· Valid Transport Canada 4th Class (or greater) Motor Ship Certificate.
· Valid Marine Basic first aid certificate or higher; and knowledge of safe working regulations within a marine environment.
· Capability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to learn on the job and take direction. Training will be provided.
An equivalent combination of education and experiences will also be considered. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reference ID: 2021NLM02
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30,498.00-$91,513.00 per year
COVID Mitigation Plan in place
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1