Shore-Side Marine Engineer
Marine Link Transportatoin
Campbell River, BC
$29.63 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
JOB TITLE: Shore Side Marine Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the continuous operation and ongoing maintenance equipment and ships’ systems while they are in port or the yard.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, hourly
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Always presents a professional attitude, appearance and demeanor and assist in ensuring that other crew members display similar attributes.
· Able to stay motivated when working independently or as part of a team.
· Follow all tasks as directed by the Maintenance Manager or company management.
· Follow all health and safety policies and procedures as instructed.
Become familiar with our fleet of vessels including 2 tugs, 2 barges and a landing craft.
Regular maintenance of (where necessary) main and auxiliary engine systems, genset and electrical systems, pneumatic systems, domestic systems, hydraulic systems, reefer systems, fuel oil and lube oil filtration and pumping systems, pumping (water) systems, black water systems, etc.
Operation of bulk fuel pumping systems.
Ensure all night switches are “off” and rendered safe on fuel equipment, cargo handling equipment, equipment/vehicles and all other equipment where necessary.
Ensure all fuel hoses are stored in a safe manner.
Account for and maintain company equipment for sounding fuel tanks.
Where directed by the Maintenance Manger, assist in, supervise or provide training to other junior personnel in respect to the safe and efficient operation of equipment (i.e. cranes, forklifts, etc.) and cargo (i.e. heavy equipment).
· Work with the maintenance team in the yard.
· Assist with shore side maintenance and refit work.
· Ensure that a proper and timely flow of maintenance, repair, spare parts requisitioning, etc. is communicated to shore side staff, ensuring adequate lead time for ordering of parts.
· Run up, check and maintenance of all portable equipment on a regular basis, (ie: pumps, outboard motors, etc.).
· Maintain all entries in the vessel “Machine Register” and with particular attention to all lifting appliances. Keeping of electrical connections in weathertight condition when not in use (ie: female to male connections).
· Regularly check all electrical extension cords and other portable electrical equipment for defects and hazards.
Account for an maintain all “Specialty” ships safety equipment (ie: electrical handling gloves, foam fire equipment, spill containment supplies, etc.).
Be proactive in maintaining a dialogue concerning vessel maintenance and repair with the Maintenance Manager.
Maintain an adequate inventory of (engineering) ships stores and supplies (ie: filters, tool, V-belts, rags, spare hydraulic parts, etc.)
TICKETS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Useful but not mandatory (will have opportunity to earn on the job)
· Class 4
· Forklift Operators Ticket
· TDG (Transport of Dangerous Goods)
· SOTO (Supervision of an Oil Transfer Operation)
· Willingness to learn to drive tractors, tankers and heavy equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $29.63 per hour
Extended health care
8 hour shift
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=4ab63f ... rma3p85000
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1