Victoria BC. Marine Gas Turbine Service Technician (MGTSE)
GE Aviation Aviation Military Systems category Services Mid-Career Aug 6th 2021 R3585985 Relocation Assistance: Yes 1055 Dunsmuir Street, Unit 2000, Vancouver, BC V7X 1J1, Canada
Add To Cart
Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
A dynamic, customer focused individual who has the drive and ability to operate confidently and at times independently, providing Technical, operational and maintenance support to GE’s Customer for the General Electric LM2500 Gas Turbine.
The MGTSE will be required to provide maintenance and logistic support for the customer and assist with technical leadership to personnel performing work on the GE Marine LM2500 Assembly. The successful candidate will assure that planned procedures are consistent with GE OEM technical specifications, safety requirements and ISS Contract requirements.
To meet these challenges, the Marine Gas Turbine Service Engineer will be:
• Technically proficient in maintenance and repair of Marine Propulsion Systems
• Capable of preparing thorough job planning to include organization of parts and tools
• Perform warehousing and parts management, including shipping and receiving
• Capable of succeeding in a wide range of assignments for the In-Service Support Contract
• Proactive, self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
• Willingness to learn and become proficient in relevant technologies
• Excellent team player
• Results oriented, customer first attitude
• Highly skilled in troubleshooting, problem analysis and solution development
• Capable of working safely and ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience specializing in marine propulsion or power generation maintenance, repair or inspection experience at the engineer or technician level, concentrating on the specific application of gas turbines and/or diesels
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Possession of a Canadian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to obtain such a clearance is a mandatory requirement for this role
• Valid driver’s license
• This position requires candidate to routinely work on an as-needed on-call basis
• This position will require some domestic/international travel, occasional overtime and/or weekend work
** The successful candidate will be employed on a probationary period of 6-months, continued employment contingent upon obtaining appropriate security clearances. **
Prior naval or merchant navy experience, (Other Defence experience will be considered.)
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who are GE OEM Level 2 trained with Marine or Industrial gas turbine experience
Strong conflict resolution skills
Detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external organizations, including GE and/or customer senior management
Willingness and ability to travel
Strong interpersonal, influence, and leadership skills
Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
https://jobs.gecareers.com/aviation/glo ... enom-feeds
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1