Chief Engineer (Marine Engineering)
Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc.
New Westminster, BC
Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (FRPD) is Canada’s largest Marine & Infrastructure, Land Foundations and Dredging contractor. The company is privately owned with operations mainly in Western Canada and projects reaching across the country.
FRPD is a growing, award-winning company with significant opportunities for advancement. We know that our success is through our people and we focus on developing talented individuals looking to take advantage of the diverse scope of our many exciting projects.
We are seeking a Chief Engineer with a demonstrated ability to manage the Engine Room promptly and efficiently. This position will be based on the FRPD 309, a trailing suction hopper dredger that is currently getting ready for the upcoming dredging season in June 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Chief Engineer is directly accountable to the Master or the Master's delegate. His responsibilities include:
· Provide leadership and direction to all ship Engineering/Technical staff.
· Provide daily Standing Orders to Watchkeeping Engineer and Duty Engineer.
· Ensuring that the vessel's propulsion machinery and other vital systems and equipment - electrical, deck, HVAC, waste, dredging equipment, fire-fighting etc., are maintained according to the manufacturer’s specifications and class requirements, and operate effectively and efficiently.
· Implementation and execution of company policies and the Ship’s Safety Management System.
· Maintaining engine room administration (e.g. ships log, daily report).
· Ensuring that repairs of the vessel's propulsion machinery, ship’s machinery and other vital systems are carried out as per manufacturer’s requirements, safely, efficiently and to Class and Flag State requirements.
· Complying with national and international maritime law and regulations.
· Maintaining an inventory of all critical spare parts in an electronic format and ensuring required spare parts are on board or stored at one of the company’s facilities.
· Critical consumable liquids such as potable water, fuel and lube oil are monitored.
· Daily operation of the ship from the mechanical, electrical and electronic perspectives.
· Taking action on maintenance issues in a timely manner.
· Maintaining good relationships with all shipboard and shore-based personnel.
· Being familiar with all equipment on board the ship.
· Ensuring that maintenance is carried out in an efficient and most economical manner in cooperation with company’s Technical Management.
· Provide Equipment & Yard Group with Technical Reports as required.
· Working with the Equipment & Yard Group for scheduling of maintenance and refits.
· Ensuring required Engine Room documentation is completed.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
· Certificate of Competency
o Preferred - Transport Canada First-Class Engineer, Motor Ship
o Minimum - Transport Canada Second-Class Engineer, Motor Ship
· Marine Medical Certificate, Transport Canada
· Certificate of Proficiency in Basic Safety Training
· Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
· Certificate of Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting
· Marine Advanced First Aid
· 12-hour days with overtime as required
· 3-week rotation (typically two weeks on and one week off)
· Unionized position with the Canadian Merchant Service Guild
This position is challenging, interesting and will be well suited to an individual looking to further expand their existing skill set and take part in an exciting experience within a strong and healthy work environment.
Submit your applications to FRPD.com/careers
Contract length: 8 months
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Extended health care
12 hour shift
https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Chief+ ... 277f6b99df
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1