Our client provides technical service and troubleshooting of engines for marine vessels. We are looking for a Service Engineer to join their team with 60-80% travel. Most of the work is pre-scheduled. We are searching for marine engineers who are interested in mechanical/hands on work to join their team. Our client offers significant opportunities for upward mobility both locally and internationally.
· Assists Engineers during onboard service jobs and in workshops.
· Assists Engineers in all related duties for diesel engines, turbochargers, propeller gears and any other products designed by the company.
· Carries out maintenance and repair of all type of machines (Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, four and two stroke diesel engines and other internal combustion engines, gas and steam turbines, boilers, separation systems, cooling-heating, air conditioning and provision-freezing systems, pumps and pipelines, freshwater systems
· Assembles components after repair.
· Prepares reports attended on smaller routine jobs as per present and future skills, both working alone or as a foreman for a group.
· Maintains a good business relation and communication with all customers while performing all duties.
· Requires intensive travelling via car, train, plane, launch boat, and in extreme cases via helicopter at short notice and the ability to be flexible changing plans to comply with professional circumstances and exigencies.
· To be up-do-date with and to implement internal technical modifications and information.
· Technical report writing.
· Engineering designation.
· Experience with technical report writing.
· Professional communicator with a calm, cool and collected manner.
· 3-5 years of related experience, preferably with heavy equipment manufacturing/machines in a marine setting.
· Enjoys practical and manual work.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Willingness to travel and work overnight and weekend.
· Understand and practice safe working methods.
· Willing to work under ISO standards and have a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
Reference ID: 6509
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Extended health care
Monday to Friday
Why do you feel you are a good fit for the role?
technical report writing: 2 years (preferred)
heavy equipment manufacturing/machines in a marine setting: 3 years (preferred)
engineering designation (preferred)
https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Servic ... 277f6b99df
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1