Third Engineer - MMTL
McAsphalt Industries Limited
This role is a temporary relief position. The Third Engineer assists the Second and Chief Engineer in ensuring the uninterrupted operation of shipboard machinery and systems. The Third Engineer will play a supporting role in developing preventative maintenance plans and procedures with the Second and Chief Engineer.
The Third Engineer reports to both the Chief Engineer.
All crew members must comply with all regulations set out by the Canada Labour Code. Canada Shipping Act, Corporate Policy, Company Safety Policy, Transport Canada regulations including Marine Personnel Regulations and any other applicable legislation. All crew members will be required to cross the border to the United States to deliver and pick up loads. Exercising a high degree of professionalism with all third party inspectors or customers is mandatory for all shipboard personnel.
The Third Engineersâ€™ duties include, but are not limited to:
- Occasionally ordering purchases through SINEX of engineering items and doing so cost effectively.
- Assisting and complying with company and regulatory safety policies.
- Assisting in the development of preventative maintenance initiatives in a cost-effective, efficient and timely manor.
- Monitoring bunkers and lubricants.
- Responding effectively in the event of a shipboard emergency occurs while on watch.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Working in a solitary environment is an important part of this position.
The Third Engineer must hold the following minimum qualifications (subject to variance in the vesselâ€™s safe manning documents):
- Fourth-Class engineering license (Motor, STCW III/1)
- MED with respect to STCW basic safety; MED training with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats; MED in advanced firefighting; MED for senior officers; Marine Advanced First Aid; Ship management practices taught using a propulsive plant simulator (level 1).
- Marine Advanced First Aid.
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties.
- A valid Passport and Marine Medical.
The Company may require the Third Engineers to take additional training courses in the following areas:
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Oil Spill Response.
- Accident/Hazard Investigation training.
- Hazard Prevention Program.
- Engine Room Resource Management.
- Miscellaneous training aimed at improving an employeeâ€™s performance. ex. Oxy-Acetylene & Arc welding basics, basic electrical skills and basic machining skills.
- Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization.
- Supervision of an Oil Transfer Operation Certificate of Proficiency (SOTO).
Reference ID: MCA-1170
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
12 hour shift
https://ca.indeed.com/job/third-enginee ... c704e3a8f7
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1