Call for Volunteers:
The call for volunteers is now open!
Volunteer at one of the finest educational and networking opportunities within the marine industry. The conference theme: Harsh Ocean Environments: Marine Engineering Challenges and Solutions.
The 2016 Mari-Tech Conference and Exhibition will be an ideal setting to gain and share information through presentations that offer the latest information on international marine engineering and best practices, including such topics as technology, marine safety, government ship building programs and engineering.
On behalf of the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering's 2016 Planning Committee, we would like to invite you to submit your candidacy for a Volunteer Position for our 2016 Conference & Exhibition.The Mari-Tech 2016 conference will take place at the St. John's Convention Centre, 100 New Gower St, St. John's, Newfoundland on May 5th & 6th, 2016.
Mari-Tech is currently seeking 20 volunteers to play an integral part of this year's conference. Should you be interested in submitting your name for consideration, please e-mail Shannon McLellan at email@example.com
by March 24th, 2016.
Please check our conference website regularly for updates: http://www.mari-tech.org
We will be seeking to fill roles such as:
• Registration Attendants
• Door Monitors
• Expo Hall Directional Volunteers
• Entrance Greeters
• Room Monitors
• Time Keepers
• Production Assistants
• Unassigned Floaters
• Event Photographer
• A minimum time commitment of 4 hours a day is required in order to obtain certain volunteer benefits.
• Each volunteer will abide by the Mari-Tech 2016 Dress Code.
• Volunteers are to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
• Volunteers are to sign a Volunteer Contract and uphold their volunteer commitment to the best of their ability.
• Participate in mandatory volunteer orientation prior to the start of the conference.
• Past volunteer experience an asset.
Benefits of volunteering:
• Meet potential employers and future colleagues.
• Become familiar with leaders and specialists in different sectors of the marine technology industry.
• See industry trends, issues, programs and vendors in action.
• Experience and learn new skills through these opportunities.
• Complimentary conference pass.
• All meals included during regular conference hours (breakfast and lunch)
Please provide us with a brief explanation as to why you would be interested in and qualified for a volunteer position at the 2016 Mari-Tech Conference (max 300 words) along with a copy of your résumé by no later than March 24th, 2016.
Please contact Shannon McLellan-Volunteer Manager, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to confirm your interest or if you should have any questions.