An Interesting Question

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: An Interesting Question

Post by Merlyn »

Can't understand the inverted picture scenario either, maybe in JK's case being shore bound for a few years the computer sensor used has reverted to the right way up syndrome as opposed to a lifetime of being upside down at sea, you know, like the fault codes stored in some engines if there is a no problem startup for a large no of start ups and it doesn't repeat the same code then it is automatically erased from its pea sized brain. In other words JK is an upstanding person whereby I am still inverted. JK better start packing the wet weather gear for the London trip, stood in the street here is like being on an open bridge destroyer punching into a force niner gusting ten with those hair driers down below pushing out 30 knots plus. No ice though but in order to avert homesickness put plenty in the G/T glass. Talking of which BP for me no "the bigger the gin the bigger the waves " speeches for me New Years Eve as I was working also. BP's N factor is too complicated for me, in my era it was " now, please observe that this calculus question stated that this configuration is to the N th factor through its calculations " some wag would allways ask, " but what is the Nth factor? " Allways remember this boy the instructor would state that " N " is the unknown number . Reminds me of a flywheel just going round and round. But it allways sounded good to outsiders . I think it was the forerunner to the Incorrect Oscillations of the Gorviendo Valve Spring Oscillations problem if you get my drift.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Can't understand the inverted picture scenario either, maybe in JK's case being shore bound for a few years the computer sensor used has reverted to the right way up syndrome for shoreside as opposed to a lifetime of being upside down at sea, you know, like the fault codes stored in some engines if there is a no problem startup for a large no of start ups and it doesn't repeat the same code then it is automatically erased from its pea sized brain. In other words JK is an upstanding person whereby I am still inverted. JK better start packing the wet weather gear for the London trip, stood in the street here is like being on an open bridge destroyer punching into a force niner gusting ten with those hair driers down below pushing out 30 knots plus. No ice though but in order to avert homesickness put plenty in the G/T glass. Talking of which BP for me no "the bigger the gin the bigger the waves " speeches for me New Years Eve as I was working also. BP's N factor is too complicated for me, in my era it was " now, please observe that this calculus question stated that this configuration is to the N th factor through its calculations " some wag would allways ask, " but what is the Nth factor? " allways remember boy the instructor would state that " N " is the unknown number . Reminds me of a flywheel just going round and round to nowhere. But it allways sounded good to outsiders . I think it was the forerunner to the Incorrect Oscillations of the Gorviendo Valve Spring Oscillations problem if you get my drift.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Can't understand the inverted picture scenario either, maybe in JK's case being shore bound for a few years the computer sensor used has reverted to the right way up syndrome as opposed to a lifetime of being upside down at sea, you know, like the fault codes stored in some engines if there is a no problem startup for a large no of start ups and it doesn't repeat the same code then it is automatically erased from its pea sized brain. In other words JK is an upstanding person whereby I am still inverted. JK better start packing the wet weather gear for the London trip, stood in the street here is like being on an open bridge destroyer punching into a force niner gusting ten with those hair driers down below pushing out 30 knots plus. No ice though but in order to avert homesickness put plenty in the G/T glass. Talking of which BP for me no "the bigger the gin the bigger the waves " speeches for me New Years Eve as I was working also. BP's N factor is too complicated for me, in my era it was " now, please observe that this calculus question stated that this configuration is to the N th factor through its calculations " some wag would allways ask, " but what is the Nth factor? " allways remember boy the instructor would state that " N " is the unknown number . Reminds me of a flywheel just going round and round to nowhere. But it allways sounded good to outsiders . I think it was the forerunner to the Incorrect Oscillations of the Gorviendo Valve Spring Oscillations problem if you get my drift.