Snorting and snivelling

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Snorting and snivelling

Post by JK »

So some lovely coworker gifted me with some kind of plague. For two days I've been whinging with a headache, sweating bullets and break ribs coughing. Feeling right sorry for myself until I remembered feeling the exact same way while laying on the deck in the MCR. Sick as a dog, but no one to relieve you because they're just as sick. I instantly felt much better!
I was on a coastal ship that they brought in and tied up because there wasn't anyone fit to stand a watch because of the flu. Those are the times you don't miss.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: Snorting and snivelling

Post by Merlyn »

Give up the Woodbines and uprate your brand. All on the basis it's a better class of cough theory all round. Doesn't cure you but you will feel uprated no doubt.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

The last two years I had bouts of flu induced near death feeling while on the boat, so happy not to have it this year, although I did get sunburn :? in the Caribbean, ehehehe. Hope you feel better soon.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Solved your problem JK methinks, all that air travelling you do, think next time before that shakey hand reaches up to that air injector nozzle above your head on the plane, that twenty plus stoner up front trying to start up is exhausting all those flu ridden fumes into the air con system. It's a well known fact that those air filters are Woolworth ones and are akin to an old smokey diesel breathing in its crankcase compression fumes rendering the air cleaner element US. That coupled together with your monitoring the T's and P's in the wrong location lends itself to all sorts of galloping bronkers ( bronchial defects ) . Observe my monitoring of the T's and P's where I am currently tied up at. Lat 36. 45. 10. N, Long 3. 52. 27 W. Or pack it up and get back down below?
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

You keep posting temperatures like that, the doorbell may ring unexpectedly.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Ha!