This sounds like McKeil...
Marine Chief Engineers
Engineering / Engineering Technology, Marine, Other
Jump Recruitment Specialists
St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador
Marine Chief Engineers
Tired of Project Work? Would you like to settle into a secure permanent position that offers you:
• Dependable employment with a stable organization and a very competitive total compensation package.
• Company coordinated travel door to vessel.
• Company paid training with certificate upgrade bonuses.
• Favorable rotation schedules.
• Port calls of 1-2 days that are not rushed to leave in a few hours.
• Health benefits
Our client is one of Canada’s leading Marine Service Providers. They are a winning and growing organization who have an immediate need to add Chief Engineers to their crews.
As a Chief Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for overseeing all engineering department personnel on board.
• Ensuring the safe and economical operations of all machinery on board.
• Ensuring proper maintenance of all machinery.
• Performing troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel.
• Prevention of and response to oil pollution from the vessel by ensuring the proper pollution procedures are followed and pollution containment equipment is readily available.
• Monitoring of bunkers and lubricants.
• Ensuring engineering personnel are familiar with and follow all policies and procedures as well as having ready access to the appropriate manuals and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• First, Second or Third Class Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and motivation of direct reports.
• Demonstrated sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery.
• Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with Safety Management Systems.
• Must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency.
• Must hold a valid Seafarer’s Medical.
• Must be STCW 95 Certified.
• Must have a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the U.S.
Would you like to hear more about this secure position with an ever growing and very stable organization?
If so, please send your resume, in confidence, to:
Karen Larter | Recruitment Specialist | email@example.com Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca