4TH Engineer Exam Material

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
QAMER
Bilge Dweller

4TH Engineer Exam Material

Post by QAMER »

Hi everyone,I am looking for any Books/questions etc that would help me to prepare for exam.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks
I have foreign experince on BIG SHIPS ,still do I need to do the simulator course?
alanocean
Leak Patrol
Currently located: New Brunswick, Canada

Re: 4TH Engineer Exam Material

Post by alanocean »

I am afraid you do. Transport Canada requires the Propulsion Plant Simulator Course Level 1 before a 4th class ticket is issued. You will also need a valid seafarers medical,Marine Advanced first Aid, and MED A1,B1,B2,C. You will find lots of info on this site and I also recommend Reeds Vol 8 and 12...General engineering knowledge and motor... They can be purchased online at places like Amazon.com ect.. for a fair price. I paid around 38 Can right to my door. All the best!!
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: 4TH Engineer Exam Material

Post by The Dieselduck »

That's kinda of what the whole is site is about, so I hope you had time to check out the Training, Machinery, and Library pages of the main site for that kind of resource. I think you should find enough there to get you started.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net