Engine Room Assistant
Location Positions are based out of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and St. John’s, Newfoundland
Secunda Canada is a well-known, off-shore marine company with fleet of platform supply and anchor handling tugs operating in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
We are currently accepting resumes for any future openings for experienced and qualified Engine Room Assistants for positions working in offshore Nova Scotia and Newfoundland working a 28 day on/off rotation.
Secunda Canada is committed to the principle of fair representation of the designated target groups, as defined by the federal Employment Equity Act (women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities). We encourage qualified applicants from these groups to apply for this position.
Secunda offers a competitive day rate; defined contribution RRSP plan; comprehensive health, dental and extended health plan (including short and long term disability, employee life and optional dependent life insurance) and advanced training and professional development programs. This position operates on a 28 day rotation.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes.
· SCTW Engine Room Rating
· Valid Marine Basic First Aid or Advanced First Aid and CPR
· Valid Seafarers Medical Certificate
· Valid Certificate of Proficiency – Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties
· Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within the marine sector; recent offshore stand by experience on a PSV or AHTS vessel is strongly preferred
· Valid Canadian passport; Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
· Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
· Proficient with Microsoft applications; experience with NS5 is an asset
· Self-starter, analytical and problem solving capabilities, demonstrated personal safety effectiveness, team oriented work style
Employment offer is conditional upon clearing a criminal background check and passing a drug & alcohol test.