Thanks to its acquisitions, strategic development and diversification, Ocean has become one of the main suppliers of integrated marine services in Canada and a leader in the Canadian marine industry. With its sights set firmly on the future, the company intends to continue growing while maintaining a strong focus on its core services. To do this, it is backed by its multidisciplinary team, which works in synergy to uphold the company’s commitment to excellence.
Under the supervision of the Director of Towing Operations and the Mechanical Superintendent in Ontario, the incumbent supports the operations in the coordination and planning of maintenance work and mechanical repairs on tugs/barges and also the deck supervision. He also takes part in the execution of various work related to the application of quality standards (ISM and ISPS) and to the preventive maintenance system (SINEX).
- Carry out the mechanical works of routine maintenance and preventive maintenance included in the program (SINEX system) as well as work and unscheduled repairs;
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairs adjust and maintain mechanical systems for ships and barges;
- Travel to Oshawa, Goderich and others ports to perform SINEX and or maintenance duties or operating engineer as required;
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and check the mechanical work of routine maintenance and preventive maintenance included in the program (SINEX system) as well as work and unscheduled repairs;
- Assist with maintenance work and repairs on tugs in order to ensure compliance with current specifications and standards (ISM and ISPS);
- To ensure and enforce health and safety standards and other norms governing the work of the mechanics and deckhands.
- Hold a Canadian STCW-95 Fourth Class motor marine engineering mechanic certificate (other higher classes could be considered);
- Hold a valid medical certificate issued by Transport Canada;
- Hold a valid training certificate in marine advanced first aid;
- Good knowledge of diesel motor mechanics;
- Have 5 years of experience in marine industry;
- Available and willing to travel outside the port;
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Tolerance to stress;
- Good organizational skills;
- Sense of priorities.
By fax : 418-694-1844
By email: email@example.com
NB: The masculine form is used in this publication for conciseness purposes only. We are committed to employment equity and open to the application of adjustment measures during the selection process.