TC 3rd Class ofr NS based Superport

Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

TC 3rd Class ofr NS based Superport

Post by The Dieselduck »

Chief Engineer
Superport Marine Services Limited
-
Corner Brook, NL
Contract

Superport Marine Services is seeking to hire a Third Class Engineer with a C/E Endorsement to work aboard our offshore fleet. Upcoming projects are scheduled for the Canadian Arctic and offshore Newfoundland & Labrador.

POSITION AVAILABLE:

3rd Class Marine Engineer with C/E Endorsement or higher

REQUIREMENTS:

Certificate of Competency
MED/STCW Certification (Refresher Required)
Marine Medical
Marine First Aid
WHMIS 2015
Valid Passport

Please reply to this ad with your current resume outlining your experience.

Job Type: Contract

https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=f4dc68 ... d7u390ke0j
camshaft
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: The Left Coast

Re: TC 3rd Class ofr NS based Superport

Post by camshaft »

I've never heard of a "3rd Class Marine Engineer with C/E Endorsement" in Canada. Is this something to do with the STCW 2010 regime?
The Dieselduck
Administrator

Post by The Dieselduck »

Yes, there is such a thing, for about four years now. You hold a third class CoC, then, with the right sea time usually by reaching third class (in Canada) you have that, then you can get a Chief Engineer endorsement.

TC plans to do away with the Fourth and Third Class CoC, and meld the two into the Watchkeeping Engineering Officer CoC, bringing us in line with international STCW norms. So when someone says "I have a STCW2010 Watchkeeping Ticket with a CE Endorsement", we will all say, "oh, the old third class CoC".
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

Since 2007 Martin, when CSA 2001 came into force. You need the "old" 3rd Class, 24 months sea service over 750 Kw and the PPS 2.

Chief Engineer, Motor Ship and Steamship Endorsements
148 An applicant for a Chief Engineer, Motor Ship or Steamship endorsement shall meet the requirements set out in column 1 of the table to this section and the corresponding specifications set out in column 2.
TABLE
Item
Column 1 Column 2 Requirements Specifications
1 Hold a certificate
The following certificates issued after January 2, 1994 or received in exchange as indicated in paragraph 45(a) of Schedule 1 to this Part:
(a) Third-class Engineer, Motor Ship certificate, in the case of an applicant for a Motor Ship endorsement; or
(b) Third-class Engineer, Steamship certificate, in the case of an applicant for a Steamship endorsement.

2 Experience
At least 24 months of sea service as an engineer performing engine-room duties on one or more vessels that have a propulsive power of at least 750 kW and are
(a) motor vessels, in the case of an applicant for a Motor Ship endorsement; or
(b) steamships, in the case of an applicant for a Steamship endorsement.

3 Certificate to be provided to the examiner
Ship management practices taught using a propulsive plant simulator.

Second Engineer, Motor Ship and Steamship Endorsement

149 An applicant for a Second Engineer, Motor Ship or Steamship endorsement shall meet the requirements set out in column 1 of the table to this section and the corresponding specifications set out in column 2.

TABLE

Item
Column 1 Column 2 Requirements Specifications
Hold a certificate
(a) Fourth-class Engineer, Motor Ship certificate with STCW endorsement, in the case of an applicant for a Motor Ship endorsement; or
(b) Fourth-class Engineer, Steamship certificate with STCW endorsement, in the case of an applicant for a Steamship endorsement.

Experience
At least 12 months of sea service as an engineer performing engine-room duties on one or more vessels that have a propulsive power of at least 750 kW and are
(a) motor vessels, in the case of an applicant for a Motor Ship endorsement; or
(b) steamships, in the case of an applicant for a Steamship endorsement.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
The Dieselduck
Administrator

Post by The Dieselduck »

I should have said, "at least" four years... eheheh, as before then, I knew it existed but never seen anybody require it, then when I was issued mine, it was a major headache to get it, as apparently I was the first to get it - I find that surprising, I have not been first a many things, eehehe.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net