Red Seal Recruitment Agency

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
bickrenet
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: Canada

Red Seal Recruitment Agency

Post by bickrenet »

Hi There

Has anyone ever used this agency or know of someone who has .Any feed back

Thanks
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: Red Seal Recruitment Agency

Post by The Dieselduck »

I was curious as well and contacted them a while back, here is a blurb from the reply I got from them...

" This is our first venture into Maritime recruiting as we normally specialize in the building trades – but I guess Marine Engineers are a trade, so it falls into our purview. "

Seems like BC Ferries is putting out quite a big carrot and casting a wide net in trying to find engineers. Red Seal, I believe, sees an opportunity in this but are basically not at all tuned into the marine industry. BC ferries positions are basically the only position they are advertising for, but the company (BCF) is already advertising on this board, and Chris Strange at the Twawassen terminal is the person to talk to. If you have a buddy working there (BCF), you can always pass your resume through them, and they may be eligible for a bonus (for the reference).

If you are still interested in Red Seal, you can contact Guy Slavik at [email protected].
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net