Mr. David Redmond

A place to remember our peers who have completed their last voyage on this earth. Finish With Engines.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Mr. David Redmond

Post by The Dieselduck »

I have just received an email, informing us of the passing of David Redmond and would like to pass the information onto all of you.

Mr. David Redmond, Chief Engineering Officer, Deep Sea and with BC Ferries

David was well known in the West Coast Maritime industry mainly with BC Ferries, and I am saddened to hear that cancer has claimed him, although please that his lengthy struggle is over. I worked with him a few years back and he always had time for me ever since. He was an avid flying enthusiast (among many interest) proudly displaying, and often taking up coworker on his genuine Soviet Yak aerobatic plane he kept at the Nanaimo airport.

I extend my condolence to his devoted wife.

Funeral Services for David will be held Saturday, March 14, 2009 at the Maranatha 4 Square Church, 6553 Port Rd. Nanaimo, B.C.

The church is in the same location as ONO Trading, near Costco and the Chrysler dealership across from Northbrook Mall. Coffee served at 09:30 sitting down for the service at 10:00 then on to sandwiches after.

Martin
David Redmond, while we were "touristing" in New York City while ship was being repaired. March 2003
David Redmond, while we were "touristing" in New York City while ship was being repaired. March 2003
david_redmond.NY.0303.04.JPG (27.5 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net