jobs on cruise/passenger ship

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
akh132pkl
First Time Poster

jobs on cruise/passenger ship

Post by akh132pkl »

have been trying to get a suitable job on passenger/cruise/yatch or ferry.
am INDIAN by nationality and hold M.E.O. Class-1 (motor) from india.
STCW compliant and chief engineer exp since 1997, aged 51 years.
if anybody could please guide:
e-mail to me at:[email protected]
cell no:0091-9417359820.
Dieseldame
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nova Scotia / Caribbean

Looking for work

Post by Dieseldame »

Google "just4engineers"

DD
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

It is what it is...

Post by The Dieselduck »

I am not sure what you have tried, but I have many links on the Job Page of the main site, especially to most cruise companies. From my experience they do work, thats how I wound up working on cruise ships at differing companies.

The cruise lines' HR Dept are notorious for being a big black hole full of mystery on how the hell they make up their mind, and not letting you know anything until you get a call "can you be on the ship tomorrow". Generally it is one or two persons in charge of connecting you to a job on board. Getting your sharp looking and concise resume to that person is of paramount importance, best achieved by someone already working there.

I have about a 50% success rate when it come to referral to a cruise company I worked for. I am not sure why they took some not others, but generally speaking it is a business largely dependent on appearances. Young, smart looking (keyword "looking"), Caucasian, unattached, and adventurous (willing to settle for a low salary) certainly will have an easier time than most. ...and usually for lower ranks.

Thats my perspective...
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net