I Missed the Boat, More Advice or Guidance Please

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: I Missed the Boat, More Advice or Guidance Please

Post by JollyJack »

good onya, Newbie, you'll like Rimouski, (at least I do) and the facilities there are first class.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Deck Plate Wanderer

Post by Newbie »

Well it's official!

Accepted to the program at IMQ and also accepted for the big student loan.

4 year course including enough hours of sea time, pending level of intelligence, to be admissible to write for 4th Class after the first year of studies. Upon completion with diploma, 3rd Class with the possibility of writing for your 2nd Class, but who's gonna want to hire a guy fresh out of school with his 2nd Class and nose in the air?

Once again thanks to all for the amazing support and advice. Should I get the opportunity to work along side ya, I'll buy the first beer.

I will definitely send photo updates and I'm almost certain I'll have a few more questions about theory.

Is it good to mix an acid and an alkaline? Physics and chemistry in French, they were difficult enough in English.

I don't have a smart closing or quote right now, but do know the one about 7 seas, 7 ports and 7 something else.

JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

"I'll buy the first beer."

If you're ever in Halifax, mine is an Old Peculiar in the Henry House! :)
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Congratulations. I wouldn't worry about shipping companies being concerned about your experience with a 2nds, after all the company I worked for sailed on my ticket more then once while I was working as 3rd. I would have laughed if they had asked me to do the 2nds job anyway, that sucker never got paid enough for all the hurting he did on that particular ship.