job for a swe/ger marine engineer?

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
swejens69
First Time Poster

job for a swe/ger marine engineer?

Post by swejens69 »

hi,
my name is jens , i am a german and i study at the time marine engineer in gothenburg (sweden) specialized on enginetechnologi and service.
i have the problem that i dont know for what kind of jobs i can aply. i study for the leisureboats but my interest is more going for oilplatforms or ships. i have no problem to work in other countrys or on the ocean but i have no contacts in that branche because i am a absolute newbe in that. i finish my education in summer 2012 and i am greatfull for every little help what helps me to find a job after my education.
a little bit desperate
jens
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: job for a swe/ger marine engineer?

Post by The Dieselduck »

Hello Jens,

Welcome to the community. I moved your topic to this area for simplicity sake.

This general area is known as The Common Rail, our forum area, which is part of www.dieselduck.net. On the main site you will find that there is a quite a bit of resources for you in particular. You can start by visiting the Seafarer page, then the Training page, then the Job page. Of course there is also lots of info in the library. All these places act as a repository of info to help you on starting, continuing this journey into being a seagoing marine engineer.

The website is base on Canadian perspective, but given the international nature of the regulations, the information should somewhat applicable to your situation, wherever you might choose to be.

There is many helpful people lurking this area as well, so feel free to post your queries; or you can always contact me personally by email.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net