third class oral arrrrrrrrgh!!!!

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
wedivebc
Bilge Dweller

third class oral arrrrrrrrgh!!!!

Post by wedivebc »

I just came from my 3rd class oral exam where I was politely told you don't get a certificate until you can successfully answer these questions, with which I was handed a Marine Laws and Regulation Knowledge for 4th class certificate.
Well needless to say I became an engineer because I failed my bar exam so I am having difficulty finding an online source for some of these questions. The IMO web page is harder to navigate than TCs and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find SOLAS and MARPOL convention information.

cheers,
Dave...
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Can you tell us what the questions are? It may be easier to direct you.
TxMarEng
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: Albuquerque New Mexico

Check out this site

Post by TxMarEng »

wedivebc
Bilge Dweller

Re: Check out this site

Post by wedivebc »

TxMarEng wrote:www.dnvps.com It has some MARPOL info Also

http://www.imo.org/Conventions/contents ... c_id=647#6
Thanks, it looks like I've found the crib notes http://www.tc.gc.ca/marinesafety/TP/TP1 ... 14609E.pdf
Dieseldame
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nova Scotia / Caribbean

Companion document

Post by Dieseldame »

Dave, if I'm understanding your requirements the companion document for the 4th class self study program will help with answers from the 4th class reg questions search TP 14609 E on the TC site and look at the back section on regs...

DD