Applied Mechanics First class

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
sulzer
Bilge Dweller

Applied Mechanics First class

Post by sulzer »

Dear fellow Engineer,
I am preparing for my first class part A exams and found this site to br really extremely helpful.

Thanks to brother Martin who have done excellent job in creating this site.
I was wondering if i can get a lilltle advice or opinion about the questions i have seen in the library section ?

In Applied Mechanics i have seen about 72 questions and was wondering the intense effort to prepare these 72 questions will be enough for me to pass the exam ?

Do i need to prepare some more or its enough if i solve 72 questions ?
your honest opinion will be really apprecaited.
Thanks and with regards,

Engineering Officer ( we drive the force)
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Québec

1 AM

Post by Sébastien »

I have written this exam about a year ago. You can expect half the questions to come from Reeds volume 2 and the other half to come from another manual. You will need Mechanics of Machines by J. Hannah and R.C. Stephens, which you can buy at Amazon.com for roughly ten dollars. In the nine questions on the examination you can expect five questions from Reeds and four questions from Hannah, one for each of chapters 6, 8, 9 and 10. I recommend that you attempt as many practice questions as possible because most errors in this subject are small errors, better to screw up in your living room than in the examination room ("Oh! I forgot to multiply by two because of..."). Remember that many candidates fail the exam the first time around because they were over-confident and/or under-prepared. Hope this helps, good luck.
Sébastien
sulzer
Bilge Dweller

Thanks a lot .

Post by sulzer »

sio if i complete about 72 questions wii they be enough...in app.mech from martins library?