2013 Dec - CIMarE VIB Cristmas Social

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2013 Dec - CIMarE VIB Cristmas Social

Post by The Dieselduck »

December Holiday Season Branch Social & Annual Marine Photo Contest
The annual holiday season branch social at which spouses and special guests are invited to attend will take place in the beautiful upper lounge at the Naden Officer’s Mess on Thursday December 12 starting at 6 PM. It is an opportunity to wish friends all the best of the season and for the New Year. There will of course we delicious things to eat prepared by the Wardroom culinary staff. In addition to socializing, those in attendance will be treated to a very interesting presentation on the five month long extensive refit of the Royal Canadian Navy’s 91 year old training ketch Oriole. A great deal of the hull as well as one of one of her masts was replaced at Point Hope Maritime Shipyard. The rig, radar and electronic navigation systems also got an overhaul.
Thinking of others less fortunate, please bring a food item, which will be donated, to the Victoria Food Bank.

Please RSVP me as soon as possible at [email protected] if you are going to attend and let me know how many guests you will be bringing.

Annual Marine Photo Contest – Please send your marine photos for the annual slide show and announcement of the favourite photo that will be presented at the annual holiday season branch social. The only rules are that the photos must at least contain a vessel or be a sea scene and be received no later than Friday December 13. I will then post the photos on an internet photo site and ask for you and who ever else would like vote to pick the favourite photos. There may also be voting at the holiday social.
Please send your photos to [email protected]

Phil Dauphinee