New engine

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Feliks
Superintendent
Currently located: Kraków,Polska

Re: New engine

Post by Feliks »

Here, as the tunneling doing in the world, quickly and as cheaply ...

Andrew :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

So, here is the sea, the British shows them for years, as same storms the fenced off shore .. which formed small pool ... Now the water accumulated there, you can refer back to the sea, but by the turbine, which will be make electricity .. The simplest solution ... A little more civilized, I invent .. here they are. Even with the smaller waves works .. In Scotland, the annual average wave height is 3 m .. And the car would probably put a nuclear engineers to examine how quickly the corrosive materials used in its construction .. In the video you can see that even a police officer imagines that in such a way that you can produce energy ..:rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=817204154961489

Andrew
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

The turbine is to be the trigger salt water back into the sea. Here some drawings that explain. You can build a special vortex, as there is a high coast. And the picture only in the world peak power pump salt water. But pump water upwards through the for feedback electrical current. I propose that the water pump teeth using sea waves-moving pumps with valves ..

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Here the power but sweet water .. has the power of 700 MW, ie as the average nuclear reactor .. If they build the seafront, a few thousand of these pumps that could Diaphragm Pump by waves and swimmers pumped into the upper reservoir of salt water .. the difference in the levels of this plant is only 100 meters, so the pressure of the pumped water would have to be only 10 bar ..

Andrew
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

A big thanks AndrewF ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJwprhkwYdQ

Indeed as we have energy in excess, it can use it for pumping water on big height. Thanks tems Sytstem the waves of the sea may be even lower pressure designed .. Well, for example, only 2 bars .. which then drives the ram pump to a height of 125 meters, it can pump water

http://practicalaction.org/media/preview/10504

Andrew
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Here we see that nuclear power plants and water are exposed to blowing up .. My idea of ??all the tanks of salt water, to build on the high coast of the sea, is very safe and resistant to the threat of terrorism .. Because if even jtos shaft blow tank, the stored water, practically this water will not do any damage, because the drain into the sea, which is near ..

http://enenews.com/bbc-ukraine-on-brink ... ible-video

Now we see the picture, the upper lake with an area of ??1.2 km sqare .. gives you energy for 8 hours, 700 MW ... or 24 hours it would have to be 3.6 km sqare ..
Imagine this upper lake measuring 8 km x 8 km = 64 km sqare ..
64/3, 6 = 17 .. now 17 x 700 = 12, 000 MW ~ ..
That is more than all British nuclear plants...: P

Posted 04 March 2014 - 22:20
Greg Locock, on 04 Mar 2014 - 22:14, said:
I think, if you live in an uninhabited country, that coastal hydro makes a lot of sense. But at least where most of us live the idea of flooding the coastal plains is a fairly drastic solution, not much different to the threats of rising sea level which may or may not turn out to be significant..
Nuclear power plant of 800 MW shall be adopted for the area of 5 x 5 km ... 64 km square So it have any 3 such power ... but here is 12000 Mw of free space for 15 nuclear power plants .. that is the difference, ie 12 will surface to be used for example to residence .. of course, the surface of the sea with swimmers will be pumping big ..

:wave:

Can someone pay me for finding 300 square km of free land in the UK? :rolleyes:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Tsunamim from the mainland to the nuclear facilities?
You just can not build a whole country as safe as Nuclear power plant itself .. therefore will be different events ..
In my idea of fresh water tank bund height, does not have to be high, just 20 m, because the same tank now you have to build on the high bank, for example, 100 m (300 ft) course very near sea ..

http://enenews.com/npr-dam-operators-ar ... pens-video

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/ ... crack.html

Andrew
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks, on 09 Nov 2009 - 20:55, said:
That if to fill all unused spaces up on ships with this polystyrene foam, most probably they stood unsinkable .

Thanks to the fact that it wouldn't be possible to sink them,
a lot of people so that it is possible to rescue.
And next
then to the shipyard it would be possible to tow away

Recently I noticed ,that the aircraft would be very useful by the ability to swimming
Two days ago :

BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8347913.stm

tu142 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-142

If such a shortcut poliuretane foam for construction of such parameters:

Specifications specific gravity after hardening 11 - 16 ,3 kg/m3* Base polyurethane Productivity of 825 ml – 66 litres * c 100 mb of the stream about the diameter of 5 2 cm * Pyłosuchość 8 - 10 minutes * Time of processing 15 - 30 minutes * Time of hardening from 5 up to 48 h (full mechanical load capacity) * a free access of air is Necessary. One should not apply foam in rooms closed tightly. Resistance to UV rays weak in outside applications one should shelter the surface of foam from the UV radiation. Structure of cells of c 70 % smoothed, evenly closed cells thermal Resistance after hardening from – 40 ° C to + 90 ° C (short-term to + 140 ° C)

15 bottle give 1 m^3 (1000 litres) cost about 80 $ , this can swimm 1 tones

Tupolew 142 have 80 ton weight 80 x 15 = , need 1200 pieces bottles this foam .

All cost of foam 80 x 80 $= 6400 $.
Whole weight of the foam to allow the total buoyancy such an airplane is 1200 KG
It is only 1% of the total weight of the aircraft.

Wig area is 311 m^2 , 80 m^3/ 312 m^2 = 0,25 m the average amount of surface foam on the inside wings. I think that in this plane is so much unused space.

And such buoyancy of the aircraft would also be found useful for Airbus over the Atlantic, as well as the Boening over Hudson.

Regards Andrew /Quote/

Cam beck..

If my ideas and name were not banished, supposedly in the interests of different groups, it can now this flight Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 would have ended differently .. no but tell me not to fight with the Windmills of Don Quixote .. I think you are the wiser and better knowledge of what to do .. instead of listening what to do .. I wonder if those who are on hand this banning, feel at least some share of responsibility for what happened ...

Andrew:mad:

Anyway, but now it comes to airplanes .. According to my old calculations in 1 square meter for the TU 142 to have a buoyancy should be an average of 25 cm of foam .. or on each side of the plate from inside the 12 cm ... It's such a little thicker siding ..

Andrew :idea:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

[QUOTE=Richard Casto;3381043]Andrew,

I subscribe to this thread and have always enjoyed your posts, so keep them going.

Regarding the use of foam to prevent aircraft from sinking when lost at sea, I don’t have the statistics, but anecdotally, I assume that most deaths are not due to drowning, but due to impact, or other high energy violent endings. I believe the scenarios you are discussing likely have adequate solutions in place (life rafts, etc.).

I think an excellent area for the use of that type of foam would be in help reduce the death toll for passenger and roll on/off ferry accidents. These seem to happen in rough seas, or in overcrowding conditions with sometimes large loss of life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_maritime_disasters

Richard[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Richard for a good link and my subscriptions. I Normally you need only the broad outlines of the new ideas I present .. they require much development, by many people .. then they really for us is profitable ..
Such inspirational posts like yours, Richard causes that describes more about the innovation ..

Here I would like to say that the majority of pilots for emergency landing was going to make sure you water, if she was sure that the plane did not sink .. The waters, even on land is not much, for example, a lake or river. This launch is a big advantage. There is minimal risk of fire aircraft .. The most spectacular example is the "Miracle on the Hudson"
Here you can see how little is needed to plane could swim ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world ... ?hpt=hp_c2

Andrew:D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

The plane actually has a tower of different things. plumbing, electrical .. But still has Most sending of empty unused space. . Of course you have to think 10 times, where we can insert each of 1 decimeter foam. Part needs to be done easily removable, in plastic bags or specially shaped profiles, that can be had for service to remove and after the back insert. It's a plane, one of the most complicated machines .. in addition with the high standards of reliability .. so it will not be pumping air into the inner tube ..

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well in my engine variable compression ratio is feasible only for a single device in all cylinders ..
But maybe for the help of such a device could still improve valve timing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ZrUl1gszVc

Andrew :mrgreen:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Here the Czech bike .. as you can see you can .. My little energy will be more efficient, but the control sytem "bike can do similar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikBkKkU9F4

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

:( :( :(

All of these egg-shaped holes, a transition service .. next unused spaces .. There are rules that from a certain size vessels must have a double side and bottom. Fill the space with Styrofoam prevent sinking ....

:x :x
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

By education , I am Eng. mechanic. But I dealt with making the sound at concerts my apparatus .. It so happened that a few times , even ten times , I made a concert in Gdansk Shipyard Hall (which is then burned )
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po%C5%BCar ... C5%84skiej .
We have always had a pass to the shipyard , because the entrance to the hall was the scene from the side yard. I as the driver of the car, after a few hours of driving , I've always had a break , and my employees were unloading acoustic equipment and lined it . I have two hours of free time , and this pass, always walked across the yard and spied on how the technology of shipbuilding . Often talked with employees who explained to me the various ins and outs of building ships . Then I met shipbuilding quite accurately , because she was always very interested mechanics ... Then I came to realize concert .. With these trips , I know how much free space is on a big ship . Here I present figure of the ferry , which sink .. Knowing its importance , which is 6800 tons , and subtracting approximately 1,500 tons , steel, wood , fuel , and such a variety can displace water , leaves us to displace the water about 5300 tons. , And then ship will not drown .. an average of 5300 tonnes divided by the length of the vessel is 146 meters = one meter will fall an average of 36 tons. so much water should displace to get afloat .. Now the height of each side of the free spaces submerged to 2 x 10 meters. .. For the average 15 meters wide double bottom .. together gives us 35 running meters , part of the flotation technique around the ship ( floating section ) .. So enough that the average thickness of 1 m polystyrene foam , applied to each inner metal shell of the ship , provided the to always buoyancy of the ship .... only 1 meter thick ..

When it comes to airplanes, it also thoroughly know their structures .. In carrying about 1,000 concerts in the former Soviet Union, every change of concerts, took place only airplanes * Once was a car, but I said 'never again' J. I had to upilnowania 40 boxes with equipment weighing about 3 tons .. Always, as soon as possible, guarding the proper loading and unloading, personally entered the baggage compartments, aircraft, whom the trip was .. And these were the aircraft from AN2 to Il 82 all types which were in the Soviet Union .. So exactly what I learned there are opportunities. And I know that a lot of them too .. Especially as it applies molded styrofoam possible to remove, to do the service ..
https://www.google.com/search?q=Styrofo ... 78&bih=436

Happy Easter for all

Andrew :(
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Solihull, England

Post by Big Pete »

Feliks,

I read your posts with interest, but sometimes it is very obvious you do not have much practical experience of ships!
The Double Bottom tanks in ships are used for storing Fuel, Fresh water, Sewage, Grey Water, Lubricating Oil and also for Sea Water Ballast that has to be pumped in and out of the ship to keep it upright and stable. There are dedicated tanks for all these different liquids to prevent contamination. Although they would almost never all be full at any one time, they would never all be empty. There is very little unused space in ships, the designers try to squeeze as much cargo in the length of ship as possible, everything else is squeezed in as an afterthought. If anyone designed a ship with lots of empty spaces, nobody would buy it because it would not be profitable to operate.
The oval cut outs in the steel plates that form the Longitudinal and Transverse structure of the ship are called "Lightening Holes" as the name suggests they reduce the weight of the structure, because the cut outs are near the Neutral Axis they only slightly reduce the strength. They also provide access to crawl through the tanks to carry out regular inspections of the tanks for corrosion and damage, and carry out any required repairs. There are smaller holes at the corners of each section called "Limber Holes", these allow the liquid to drain from each section of the tank to a central suction pipe and air to vent from each section to a central air vent.

With regard to your ideas on "pumped storage" that has been done for many years in Wales. There is a Nuclear power station there with a High and a Low reservoir nearby, during the night the Power station pumps water up to the top reservoir, during the Day the Nuclear and Hydro Electric power stations both supply the National Grid, and the water runs back to the lower reservoir.
There is a "Centre for Alternative Energy" which tries to explain and popularise Alternative Energy and Environmental Friendly Living, well worth a visit if you are ever in Wales, otherwise look on their website.

Happy Brain Storming.

BP
It is always better to ask a stupid question than to do a stupid thing.