need suggesstions asap

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
girish
First Time Poster
Currently located: argentina

need suggesstions asap

Post by girish »

Hi All
I am sailing as 3rd engr with hanjin venizia with b&w marine engine. There is an issue here.
We are suspecting that shackle has gone inside the telescopic tube and now we are in a fix to get it out..but firstly to check if it has fallen inside because we cannot see it in the tools outside. Please suggest some ways to confirm on it and post which to get it out. Thanks
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: need suggesstions asap

Post by The Dieselduck »

Sorry I don't have experience with this type of engine that can help you. Hopefully someone here can provide some insight. All the best to you...
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
jimmys
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: Glasgow Scotland

Re: need suggesstions asap

Post by jimmys »

need some more details of engine type is this a KGF series. The crown has chromium grooves for five rings and an oil cooled insert. The rod has a longitudinal bore in which is mounted the cooling oil outlet pipe. The oil inlet is through a telescopic pipe fastened to the crosshead and the oil passes through a bore in the piston rod to the cooling insert. I assume this is your system. You need to detach the whole tele pipe joint system and remove it for repair, its not difficult.