IMarEST Ship Salvage Conference
29 June 2016, Cavendish Conference Centre, London
We are pleased to announce Simon Rickaby, Past President of IMarEST will be chairing this special one-day conference.
The early bird discount has been extended until 3rd June 2016.
This conference will deliver:
Session 1: The Amoco Cadiz
• Recounting the chain of events leading up to its sinking and salvage.
• Comparing contemporary regulations, safety measures and salvage techniques to those at the time of Cadiz.
• Review of lessons learned and their impact on subsequent salvage operations.
Peter Meyer, formerly of Bugsier, involved in the salvage of the Amoco Cadiz
Session 2: Salvaging ultra large container ships
• A review of equipment and techniques required to salvage such large vessels
• Discussion on current regulations and safety procedures; are they fit for purpose?
• What are the potential implications for vessel owners? Reputational damage? Insurance?
Dirk Jan Osinga, Head of Salvage Consulting, Braemar
* Please note that the conference will now take place at the Cavendish Conference Centre and not the ICO Conference Centre as previously stated.