Officier-mécanicien 4e classe
Département : N/A
Compagnie : Océan Remorquage
Horaire : Horaire de travail de 14 jours de travail et 7 jours de congé
Statut : Permanent
Under the supervision of the Director of Towing Operations in Ontario, you will have to perform mechanical operation and maintenance on conventional tugs. You will be working mainly in the Port of Hamilton and required to make a few trips outside the port when needed.
- Maintain the main engine and auxiliary equipment;
- Operate electrical, mechanical and hydraulic control systems as well as replenishment-at-sea equipment;
- Operate and maintain refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning equipment;
- Follow-up on the tasks from the preventive maintenance system;
- Ensure the implementation of the safety management system in his department;
- Monitor the functioning parameters of the main engine (pressure, temperature, levels) and report any irregularity.
- Hold a Canadian STCW-95 Fourth Class motor marine engineering mechanic certificate (other higher classes could be considered);
- Hold a valid medical certificate issued by Transport Canada;
- Hold a valid training certificate in marine advanced first aid;
- Good knowledge of diesel motor mechanics;
- Available and willing to travel outside the port if necessary;
- Have 1-4 years’ experience on a ship as Engineer Officer;
- Be available for days, nights and weekends;
- Self-sufficient and responsible;
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- 7/7 work schedule (14 days on and 7 days off in stand-by);
- Wage rate established under the collective agreement in force;
- Permanent job.https://www.groupocean.com/fr/jobs/view/229