westfalia Purifier Problem

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Rian
First Time Poster
Currently located: Onboard

Re: westfalia Purifier Problem

Post by Rian »

Hello my name is rian, i have gea purifier too type osd 5 , i have a problem that bowl cannot discharge and open , purifier bowl completed check and all o rings were replaced, water block strainer was cleaned too , manually overides the solenoid valves but still no any sound of discharging , any advice to solve the problem? Thx you
Michael
First Time Poster
Currently located: Nigeria

Post by Michael »

Good day.

My name is Michael please i need assistance with the present issue i am experiencing on the Westfalia DO Separator OSE 5-91-037_4. After the starting circle have been completed and purifier attained the required speed, purification starts and fuel oil start discharging but the "Clean fuel discharge pressure still reads 0.0bar" after some few minutes, it brings alarm on the displace screen (PAL 1 Clean oil discharge , please check valve setting V7).

Please what will i do to rectify this present issue.
Attachments
20230903_113807.jpg
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Michael. Have you tried all of the following?
From the manual.
**********Text displaying #44 for PAL 1 (pressure low)
Clean oil discharge valve (product discharge valve) V7 open too wide - Check valve position.
Feed capacity reduced - Check feed capacity. Try increasing the throughput.
Set point of PT1 set too high. Check set point.
Water pressure for hydraulics during water closing pulse T06 too high, bowl has opened. - Check T06.
Feed pump failure - check feed pump.
Feed pump speed low - check frequency converter.
Feed valve V1 in recirculation position - check V1
Overflow to water side - check filling water volume.
Pump running wrong way - check rotation.
Bowl gaskets leak - Check gaskets; replace if necessary.
Alarm delay T07 too short - check setting.
Alarm bridging T11 too short - check setting.*********
Good luck, John
vikasp
First Time Poster
Currently located: usa

Post by vikasp »

Hello
I am vikas,I am 4/E of chemical tanker,I have same problem with my L.O purifier and the model is westfalia GEA OSD 591067.
After starting the purifier after 15-20min, the purifier will be stopped showing in panel "PAL1 CLEAN OIL DISCHARGE.
valve setting v7/feed capacity setting pt1 for PAL/water pressure for opened valve v3/timer06/t07alarm delay/quantity of water/bowl not sealed.
We are checked and tried out everything.
amir_master19891368
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: ship

Post by amir_master19891368 »

Hello
My name is Amir and I have LO purifier westfalia osd20
For ME Lub Oil sump and when the purifier is run, water in oil for ME Lub Oil increases without any alarm. How can I fix the problem??
Please advise, I am under a lot of tension. Thank you.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

How do you know that the water in oil is increasing? Is the water sensor on the engine lubrication system showing the water level? What is the level of water before and after the purifier is run? Is the purifier putting water in the oil? Is the water sensor on the purifier working correctly?
andreas97
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: At sea

Post by andreas97 »

Hello good day ,

My name is Andreas i’m 4E i need some advice with my problem with both of my F.O Purifier OSD-20

Now i Have problem with F.O purifier both of them the clean out oil Pressure now cannot reach above 1 bar only in 0.8 on panel when pressure gauge in purifier show 3.4 , i check no overflow , i try increase fuel rate/througput until 1.6 in pressure gauge and i check water filling also all in good condition , this happen after i cleaned bowl and disc . Just happen 4 days now we trying all but still cannot get the problem . Others my F.O purifier when star only in beginning working pressure is good after 5-10 the cleanout oil pressure coming drop and few minutescoming alarm.

Please if you have any advice for me what i must to do , thank you very much 🙏🏼
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Hello andreas97. Which W/F is it, OSD 20? Is this correct? Can you provide the full model number? Which pressure reading is correct, the panel or the gauge?
andreas97
Bilge Dweller

Post by andreas97 »

Hello popeye97. I’m sorry it was OSE 20-0136-067_20 , in panel get wrong only 0.5 if i increase througput only can get 0.8 , but in gauge showing 1.8-2.8 bar , but i check bowl no leaking , this happen to my both HFO Purifier after i overhaul cleaned the bowl and centripetal pump , also i change pressure transmitter to new spare but still happen this kind of promblem. Please help me if you have some advice for me , thank you very much before 🙏🏼
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

andreas97, which control panel do you have? Which alarm is coming? When you say the gauge pressure is 1.8 to 2.8 do you mean that the pressure is fluctuating (going up and down between 1.8 and 2.8)? How are you adjusting the throughput? Is the new pressure sensor reading the same as the old one (if yes then put the old one back on)? Was everything working ok before the overhaul? Why did you overhaul, was it routine or was there a problem? What is the pressure on the oil inlet?
andreas97
Bilge Dweller

Post by andreas97 »

Hi Mr. popeye62 , it was PAL 1 Clean oil Discharge alarm coming , i mean when i addjust througput in pressure gauge in purifier side can increase 1.8-2+ But panel cannot still showing 0.5-0.8 , sorry i mean i addjust fuel rate capacity to purifier , before everything ok no need adjust V7 to incerease the pressure , before overhaul it was 1.8 bar we put , i overhaul purifier because routine maintenance , before pressure inlet only 1 bar and can get clean out oil 1.8-1.9 , thank you before responded my problem Mr.Popeye 🙏🏼
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

You need to confirm the pressure. If the panel (sensor) cannot read the correct pressure then it is likely to affect a lot of the programme. The list of PAL outlet (#44 alarm) is on this page near the top, have you been through that list of possibilities? It is unlikely to be the new sensor (is it a genuine part?) but I would test it and the original one because that doesn't sound like the issue. If you are Unitrol (which I think you are) is WMS and SMS on? This means there are two pressure transmitters: PT1 and PT2. PT1 is on the outlet and PT2 is on the impulse line to the manifold for the Unitrol system. The factory set for PAL is 1.0b so it will never work if the panel is seeing no more than 0.8b. Is there a blockage somewhere? Can you test the sensors, they are nothing special 24VDC with 4 - 20 mA output?
osei7011
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Fujaira

Post by osei7011 »

Greetings,am Eben 4E on container vessel.I have issues with both ME lo purifier and Hfo purifier after the bowl has gained speed and I press the f1 keep to begin the program the first display is 'FULL DE SLUDGING' then followed by 'OPERATING VALVE OPENED ' just then the alarm shows for 'FAIL TO SHOT DESLUDGE MONITOR' this is happening to both purifiers the Hfo is osb25-02-066 I really don't understand why this is happening to both purifiers at the same time kindly assist...
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Eben 4E. Which control panel do you have? Are the separators all taking from the same water supply? Is it a main or a header tank? It sounds like a lack of operating water. Check the flow through the valve. What has happened i.e. when and how did this issue begin? Will it operate ok in manual?
osei7011
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Fujaira

Post by osei7011 »

In all I have 2 Hfo and 1 ME lo purifier,they all take water from the hydrophore line.the issue started with the ME LO purifier after it has gained the required rpm and I want to start the process,first it displays total de- sludging,then operating valve opened followed by the alarm 'FAIL TO SHOOT DE-SLUDGE MONITOR 'i have checked the water line n it has good pressure.
one thing I noticed is that before when I close the water supply and try starting the operation there is an alarm for BREAK OVER WATER but I tried that yesterday and there wasn't that alarm.
The number 1 Hfo purifier also started by giving alarm.for motor protection relay so I noticed the clutch disk were worn out which I changed and also cleaned the bowl ,changed all o-rings and boxed up.Aftwr starting the motor protection alarm has gone off only to be replaced with the same 'FAIL TO SHOOT DE-SLUDGE MONITOR ALARM' on the ME LO PURIFIER.
I seem to have checked any possible place I suspect yet to no avail...the ME LO PURIFIER has 3 solenoid valves whiles the Hfo has 6 ,2 for water and the rest still trying to find out.