Just can't find one

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Québec

Just can't find one

Post by Sébastien »

Hello all,
While moving a large piece of machinery, a small CO2 nozzle was broken off from the fitted fire extinguishing piping. It is as simple a part as can be, it is a small fitting with NPT threads and slots to diffuse the smothering gas. I thought it would take me a matter of minutes to find a replacement model on the internet and order one through the company purchasing department. Boy was I wrong, no matter where or how I look, I simply cannot find that little part anywhere. Can anyone help me with this trivial but seemingly unsurmountable task? Thanks in advance
Madzng
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Re: Just can't find one

Post by Madzng »

Hi Sebastien,

Have you tried Wilhelmsens? Used to be called Unitor, and have serviced the fixed fire fighting CO2 systems on ships I have sailed on for years. They should have no problem supplying a nozzle, if not identical, that will do the same job.

They're pretty much worldwide, so I imagine that there is a office near you.

Good luck
Madzng
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Québec

Post by Sébastien »

Thanks Madzng,
Yes I have checked the Wilhelmsen internet site but from what I could see their on-line catalogue is far from being as detailed as the old paper version from Unitor, I now regret throwing out my ten year old Unitor catalogue last spring.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Don Bretons?
They do all of our CO2 systems and I have had no issues with parts.